what to take off when milling a head

The bike place near me charges $125 to mill a head and I was wondering how much you would take off to run about 105-108 octane. I think that I could probably get it done for about $50 at a local machine shop. Also what type of tolerances do they need to hold as far as flatness across when setting up the head.

Shit, another $125-$135 and you can get a cool head with o-rings and domes. Then you can change compression for future upgrades, and if your motor ever grenades, you just throw new domes in it. Not to mention it will help keep the motor a little cooler. You can even sell your stock head on ebay and make some more money off that.

Shit, another $125-$135 and you can get a cool head with o-rings and domes. Then you can change compression for future upgrades, and if your motor ever grenades, you just throw new domes in it. Not to mention it will help keep the motor a little cooler. You can even sell your stock head on ebay and make some more money off that.

What size about what size domes would I use with 94 octane gas or 110.

i wouldnt pay more than 50 bucks to get the head milled unless you are getting it rechambered. i got mine milled .020 for 30 bucks by the old guy down the road.

Taking off .020 put my squish at about .035 so i dont know if you would want to go much farther than that. there are other people that are more knowledgable about this than me though.