poor little shee

spike

There is a young guy I know that came over the other day, he just had bought a y2k shee last week and was around so he wanted to show me... well its was quite the beast. Picture a bike thats as been owned by an indian (no offence) on welfare and sold to a redneck...

He was telling me that he couldnt get it to idle and that it was a bitch to start. So I said why dont you come over after supper, we will bring it in the shop and assess it. For mods its got fmf power cores with stock pipes, a boost bottle and a tors removal kit (suprisingly!)... nice :blink: . Most of the chassis bearings are shot, the 4 ball joints are rediculously loose and a couple of other estetics problems but its when i took out a plug and took a compression reading... 90 psi on one side and 35 on the other!! I was stoked!! remember that he came in running... no wonder it wont idle! :biggrin: the motor is now on my table ready to be cracked open. I cant wait to see what the damage looks like! anybody got there hands on such a basket case before? I want to see your story's too!

i have taken apart hundreds of banshees, you wouldn`t believe some of the abortions i have come across.stock bore piston in 1 side 80 over in the other. ears missing off clutch baskets, a crank i took out of a running bike the other day had a stud welded on the end of it holding the flywheel on.

holy shizzle...35 psi and it still ran? yikes. Nothing quite that bad on my end

Opened my 89 up cause it smoked like a mosquito fogger out the right pipe, after I dumped the gear oil out of the pipe pulled the head and found the head rechambered to run blaster pistons, but the pistons had "513" for the part number, and spacer plates under the jugs...dumped the gear oil out of the right crankcase area, pulled the clutch cover and unwound the clutch side crank seal from the teeth of the crank gear....all the clutch cover bolt holes were stripped...so now its getting a thorough going over and replacement of a lot of stuff...mainly the .090 out jugs and the case halves. Not so horrible as that one on the chassis of mine. R lower ball joint about to fall apart...uppers and tie rods OK though surprisingly, swingarm bearings came out as dust....haha I got a good deal on it though...nice old skool trued and welded RD400 long rod crank, 34mm PJ's, new factory stator and flywheel and coil, barnett billet basket, hella nice port job, really a shame they're 90 out. picked it up for 1500 bucks. Ran like a raped ape till it spit the crank seal haha

Saw an interesting deal on a blaster a few days ago though, seems someone stripped the threads for the flywheel nut, apparently they didn't feel like a proper fix, they just hacsawed off the threads and drilled and tapped the crank snout for a measley M6 bolt to hold the flywheel on....and they wonder why it tosses a key every half hour of ride time

Edited by zillaguy89