trail riding mods

newbie1

I am new to this forum, and to tuning on Banshees or any 2 strokes for that matter so I need some help. Right now my Banshee has no bottom end for take off. When I got to take off it just boggs down and sounds like its not getting enough air any help would be appreciated. Also any suggestions on making it a better trail bike for hair scrambles would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

you should put on a 13tooth front sprocket gear it down some.. then you might look into a 2into1 carb kit,shave the head or get a noss head with small domes to raise compression .. this will all help low end responce for the trails.. there is more you could do just depends what you wanna spend..

although doing what bansheefreak said will improve your bottom end once you get the bike running right, you need to get it running first. it sounds like your jetting is off. list any and all mods on the bike, the jetting your currently running, and the temp / elevation your riding at.

how long have you been riding your banshee? the only reason im asking is because 9 times out 10 when i let someone who is not used to the riding style of a banshee or any 2 stroke(especially in trail environment) they will make the same comments. im not accusing you of being inexperienced but banshees have a very different style of power which is bad ass when you learn to harness and respect this power.

This is what is done to my bike, and it makes a ton of torque and mid power.

Pro circuit pipes

Dynoport Port job.(yes dynoport does port work for the 2 into 1 pipe).

2 into 1 trinity intake with 35mm pwk and K&N pod filter (you may want to run an airbox though)

Stock reed cages with carbon tech low-mid reeds.

Flywheel lightened. (rs heavier magnet flywheel).

Cascade Heavy duty clutch kit.

+6 timing advanced.

Pro design head with 19cc domes on 100 octane 50/50 race & pump gas(169 psi comp).

13/46 gearing.

Wiseco Pro lite pistons.

Its a real strong running bike, amazes a lot of people, and its easy to keep on the pipe at slow speeds.

I appreciate all your help. I understand the power range and stuff, but my g/f has a 350 raptor that pulls me untill I get to third gear. LOL I have rode a couple of other banshees before I got mine (some stock and some with a few mods) thats what sold me on them. I bought mine and the guy said it was all stock that he new of but he was the second owner. I thought it was the fuel also because you can hear it sucking the air but just wont go anywhere, any ways to check the jetting, or what I should be running. I am running it in 70 to 80 degree weather, not sure of the elevation mainly Haspin Acres in Indiana?

thats a tuning problem, thats not how all banshees are.. get your jetting dialed in and get the thing running right, and there should be NO bogging at all, i dont have any 'low end' mods at all, just the normal t5.vf3 and a k&n , i can poke my throttle anywhere in the revs and it goes, no bogging,even from barely moving. worry about gettin her tuned and running right first, then worry about mods,

This is what is done to my bike, and it makes a ton of torque and mid power.

Pro circuit pipes

Dynoport Port job.(yes dynoport does port work for the 2 into 1 pipe).

2 into 1 trinity intake with 35mm pwk and K&N pod filter (you may want to run an airbox though)

Stock reed cages with carbon tech low-mid reeds.

Flywheel lightened. (rs heavier magnet flywheel).

Cascade Heavy duty clutch kit.

+6 timing advanced.

Pro design head with 19cc domes on 100 octane 50/50 race & pump gas(169 psi comp).

13/46 gearing.

Wiseco Pro lite pistons.

Its a real strong running bike, amazes a lot of people, and its easy to keep on the pipe at slow speeds.

Hey Snop.. Do you recommend that gearing for someone running an aggressive trail port, trinity 2 into 1 carb, dmc 916 pipes and 20" wheels?

I appreciate all your help. I understand the power range and stuff, but my g/f has a 350 raptor that pulls me untill I get to third gear. LOL I have rode a couple of other banshees before I got mine (some stock and some with a few mods) thats what sold me on them. I bought mine and the guy said it was all stock that he new of but he was the second owner. I thought it was the fuel also because you can hear it sucking the air but just wont go anywhere, any ways to check the jetting, or what I should be running. I am running it in 70 to 80 degree weather, not sure of the elevation mainly Haspin Acres in Indiana?

your GF on a 350 raptor is pulling on you?!? you got big problems, you should be destroying her in every gear , those 2 bikes arnt even in the same area code. ive ridden with a guy on one, we could all let him get 100 feet ahead of us up the road and eveyrone just flew by like he was standing still, if your bike is bone stock, and your live near sea leval, you sould be running around 220 main jet or so, one thing to definatly do is get rid of the stock air filter and get a proper setup where it clamps on with a hose clamp, either foam or k&n, so u dont suck dirt

for trails get it running right maybe port it and put a 15 tooth sprocket up front a 13 is for sand why shift your ass off? you want tall gears that pull hard for trails.......

Agreed. Like he said you need a taller 1st and 2nd gear or you'll be shifting till it hurts. I run 14/40 right now with just pipes and k&n it pulls great. even think i could pull 15/40 as well 1st and 2nd would pull like a mofo. not that it doesn't already.