Are these installed correctly?

Dgrey

this may be a stupid question but, how do you determine left to right? when you are on the bike or when you are standing infront of the shee looking at her? Only because in your pic the a-arms are labeled... im alittle confused. lol

When your sitting on the bike.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I still do not get it. Im going to send ASR an e mail myself and see what they say about my pictures. I talked to Jay from this forum and he was looking at his (i think) lonestar arms and he said he can stick his fist in front of the shock (big hoop forward) and can only stick his pinki behind the shock and that is how mine is.

Well im glad I have a week to figure this out... lame!

RETURN E MAIL FROM ASR... COPIED AND PASTED BELOW.

Hi! They are correct. However you need to screw thw heims at the chassis in more and adjust the large heim at the outside to compensate. Any questions please call us!

We must be driving them nuts! They are probably like where are all these Banshee questions coming from :thumbsup:

Seriously!!! So he told you that they were supposed to be on the OTHER way?

Yep, he said the large hoop does go to the front or the shock will not fit, I confirmed this for sure when I took my arms off & tried to swap them. I think the other guys in the post may have newer arms that could be redesigned but yours look like mine & I have two rides on mine already with no problems.

Yep, he said the large hoop does go to the front or the shock will not fit, I confirmed this for sure when I took my arms off & tried to swap them. I think the other guys in the post may have newer arms that could be redesigned but yours look like mine & I have two rides on mine already with no problems.

Cool... Do you have any pictures of yours from above? Mine clear the shock well in the front but only like 1/2 inch in the back. I hope the works shocks do not have a larger spring than the stock or it will be drama.

Cool... Do you have any pictures of yours from above? Mine clear the shock well in the front but only like 1/2 inch in the back. I hope the works shocks do not have a larger spring than the stock or it will be drama.

Whats up guys.. This is rediculous, ther must be a difference in design between the new and the old, if not than we are all getting differnt answers, i also sent ASR pics of mine and they told me that min where on the right way, I have the bigger loop towards the rear and clearly it fits, I have about 3\4 between the shock and the a-arm.. they told you guys that it wouldnt fit that way...I posted there response to me, on page 2 or 3...also i tried switching mine and they wouldnt fit with the larger loop forward the shock its... Dgrey the shocks in my pics are works g-series, your springs should be the same size if not real close to it...

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

I tried to post pictures of my control arms but I still have fenders & my front wheels on. I have maybe, a quarter of inch of space between my shock springs & my control arms, in fact my shock covers velcro rubs against the control arm slightly. I went for another ride today & the bike handles excellent.

You still need to fix your heim joints so when you take the upper arms off you should try swapping them. I think yours are on correctly from what I can see but to be safe just swap them. All you need is a 14mm socket & a 17mm wrench, it will take you a few minutes. Finally just look down from the top, is the upper balljoint behind the lower ball joint? If so, your good to go.

You still need to fix your heim joints so when you take the upper arms off you should try swapping them. I think yours are on correctly from what I can see but to be safe just swap them. All you need is a 14mm socket & a 17mm wrench, it will take you a few minutes. Finally just look down from the top, is the upper balljoint behind the lower ball joint? If so, your good to go.

Yeah I do need to fix the heims still and put those jam nuts on the outers. I will check it when I do the shocks what a PITA I have to take the effing pipe off again.