2-n-1 set up

wood

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up a used 35 PWK Air Stryker on ebay and then made my own graydon style intake (better design than trinity IMO). Total cost for everything was less than $100 start to finish. Just gotta watch ebay for the deals - the carb was only $80.

Also I'd definitely agree about the proper jetting. A single that's setup right will have 95% of the top end of a perfectly tuned dual carb setup. Since getting perfect tuning on a single carb takes 1/10th the time as it does on duals, most people will actually gain performance since they're more likely to spend the time with the jetting.

ive got the trinity 2 into 1 w 35 mm carb and i love it esp on the trails. low end is much better and its so easy to adjust.

i have my pilot jet at 50 my maine jet at 185 air screw turned out 2 turns 3rd clip on the needle. im around sea level too, maybe a couple hundred feet up.

keep us updated

tuning is KEY, with a single or duals. you can jet in half the time but I will say the single carb setup is a tad more finicky than duals... so, you have to pay attention. when you figure out what the single carb likes, it's super easy and quick to jet. Wallrat says 95% of the topend, I'd guess 100%. with the 35 and proper jetting / pipe setup, the topend runs insane but the low mid is still smooth.

I agree with snop some, there are two main reasons people discredit the 2-1, 1) because they haven't tried it and 2) because they experimented and didn't get it fully tuned properly.

just my opinion.

Edited by sredish

well iam going to give my stock carbs one more chance and if i cant get them to stop sticking i will be picking a 2-n-1 set up for sure,ever since i put on a twist throttle it has been a problem.

well iam going to give my stock carbs one more chance and if i cant get them to stop sticking i will be picking a 2-n-1 set up for sure,ever since i put on a twist throttle it has been a problem.

Honestly, the cable or the throttle tube is probably your issue. But a 2 into 1 setup will outperform the stock carbs nicely.