RZ Top case with banshee bottom case?

4stroker

ok so heres the deal, the clutch rod, ball and adjuster all welded themselves together on the weekend, and the actuator end of the clutch rod is broken off inside the case and wont come out.

SO i have to split the cases to fix this, and while i have them apart, i want to reassemble it with the RZ top case that i have, because the transfers are matched to the RZ barrels im using....

so will the rz top case bolt straight up to the banshee bottom?

also is this just a straight forward procedure? (disregarding the fact im changing cases?) do i need to do anything else before putting it back together? as long as i dont upset any of the transmission or anything i should be fine yeah?

just pull it apart, get the broken bit out, clean up the top case, and bolt it back on with some yamabond between the cases?

thanks in advance for any advice/input!

mark.

thanks mate!

my rz motor was running super hard on the weekend, we got the jetting dialled in pretty sweet (slightly rich through the mid but its good enough for now).

put a tank of fuel through it on saturday with no trouble at all before the clutch welded itself (too much revving with cluch pulled in on a long ride)

it absolutley tears aparts my mates highly modded raptor 700 and yfz450, and also a mates ported banshee, so im more than happy!

anyone got some bottom end assembly tips for me? i need to get this fixed before the weekend!

thanks, mark

thanks mate!

my rz motor was running super hard on the weekend, we got the jetting dialled in pretty sweet (slightly rich through the mid but its good enough for now).

put a tank of fuel through it on saturday with no trouble at all before the clutch welded itself (too much revving with cluch pulled in on a long ride)

it absolutley tears aparts my mates highly modded raptor 700 and yfz450, and also a mates ported banshee, so im more than happy!

anyone got some bottom end assembly tips for me? i need to get this fixed before the weekend!

thanks, mark

Glad to hear that you are stomping your mates quads :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

yeah my uncle mentioned that to me tonight as i was putting it together...

its together now, do you think it will be ok?

I could be wrong here, but I think that is more critical on engines that split from side to side, because the machinig of the bearing and shaft bosses could be off significantly.

I think with the Banshee / RZ cases, one could put them together hollow and torque them down, then check your crank bearing, clutch bearing bores, and everything else that applies with a snap guage and check for roundness that way.

I am willing to bet that it will be O.K.....

i spoke to 3 different engine builders today (in australia) who have all done it before, and they all say that its not ideal, but it can be done.

mine is together and all torqued down, and everything still spins freely etc, so i am running with it..

will let you know how i go!