Call of Duty 4 beta xbox 360!

Snopczynski

Im tempted to get a PS3 myself for a cheap Blue-Ray player. But I hear they are a bit noisy, and honestly they are not really that "cheap"

I'll wait it out a bit longer. I have a 37" Westinghouse 1080p hooked to my computer and WOW games do look good in 1080p. If you think bioshock looks good on 360 try it on a PC with a high end graphics card, it looks amazing. Unfortunately my PC does not have a high end card as I'm waiting untill the next refresh in 2 months. My consoles always end up collecting dust eventualy so I'm hoping to skip PS3 and 360...

bansh, have you tried adjusting the colors to "warm" and turning off the backlight? Might looks best with the backlight off or set to "1" in the daytime. But ALL LCD's suck at colors anyways, compared to CRT. O-LED should be available next year as well as LCD's with LED backlighting which should help them out a bit and make them last longer as well.

no i havnt changed any of the settings cept to make thing fit the whole screen when not formatted to 4:3

"the new 360s you dont have to get the external.. my buddy has one and we popped the hd dvd right into the player it self..."

That's good, it's about time they stepped up to the plate. They need to offer wifi built in as well.

if they built in wifi id be very happy! my tv isnt near my cable modle box and i dont have wireless in my house so i dont even us my ps3 for games ... its there just as a blueray player. either way i didnt pay for it.. i got it like a week after they came out casue i traded some asian dude for my old 65in tv.

But ALL LCD's suck at colors anyways, compared to CRT.

It's funny you mention that, here's what Sony's website has to say on that subject.

"Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) televisions have been with us for 75 years,

and in that time, the technology has developed to such an extent that

until recently, it was impossible to compare the best LCD TV with the

best CRT. But things have moved on. Today's LCD TVs are comparable

with the best CRT technology available, with high brightness and

contrast, natural colour and highly detailed pictures."

They should know, they arguably made the best built and rated CRT's on the market. Like I said, the changes I have seen just in the last 2 years from my 1st LCD to my 08 model is night and day. I'm sure in the next 2 years CRT's will be the cassette tape of the music world.

the thing with crt's is they have been around so long they have mixed any and all issues with them nd they last FOREVER! cant say the same for lcd plasma and all that for several more years...

LCD's have a greater lifespan than CRT, not my opinion, it's pretty much a technology standard. On our telemetry unit in the hospital I work at the LCD's have all outlasted the CRT's. These units run 24/7 and our standard crt's lasted about 3 yrs. Our 1st LCD's are still going, 7yrs and counting, and we continue to replace the CRT's as they go.

LCD's have a greater lifespan than CRT, not my opinion, it's pretty much a technology standard. On our telemetry unit in the hospital I work at the LCD's have all outlasted the CRT's. These units run 24/7 and our standard crt's lasted about 3 yrs. Our 1st LCD's are still going, 7yrs and counting, and we continue to replace the CRT's as they go.

really? we have had amazingly bad luck with both lcds and plasmas at work, our only things we still have that are originals are the crts. everything else have burned up...

really? we have had amazingly bad luck with both lcds and plasmas at work, our only things we still have that are originals are the crts. everything else have burned up...

I guess there are instances of course. Reminds me of these high effeciency fluorescent bulbs that have become real popular. They are "suppose" to last longer than standard bulbs and I had 2 burn out, they lasted less than 2 months. :confused:

I guess there are instances of course. Reminds me of these high effeciency fluorescent bulbs that have become real popular. They are "suppose" to last longer than standard bulbs and I had 2 burn out, they lasted less than 2 months. :confused:

those ones that ar all spiraled up for a normal 60watt light socket? we have one outside on our porch. it has been there for i guess a year but the thing dosent put off shit for light... i could care less if it lasts longer, if the damn thing dosent do what i put it in there for its kinda uesless if you ask me. i guess the only reason i havent replaced it is it hasnt burnd out, once it does its getting the good old fasion kind.

Edited by Bansh-eman