Never knew sand could break bones

Handyman

Well It all started yesterday with me going to Sand Mountain,nv with some friends. I had to rejet for the temp change and was doing my last test run when I saw a 3 foot dune with a flat face at the last second and hit it in mid 3rd gear. I was told that the front came up and I was about ot fly off the back when the rear tires hit and I was bucked off. I was thorwn 10 feet in to the air and flew about 40 feet before I hit the ground. The banshee followed me and hit the ground and then rolled over me. I was knocked out for about 45 seconds and woke up to my buddies kneeling next to me. The banshee was damaged a little. All I can see for now is the front bumper bar is now almost flat, the handle bars are leaning back a little and the tank shroud plastics are bent alittle. I can't tell if the steering stem is bent or if the bar the steering stem bolts to is bent either so I'm not sure what is causing hte tank shroud to be bent a little. I did crack the visor on my helmet but other that that everything seems to be good. The bike still runs...In fact it fired right up when I rode it back to the trucks after the wreck. I broke my right colloar bone and have 3 cracked ribs on my right side. The collar bone has a 1cm degree of seperation. so depending on what I find when I take the plastics off I may have to buy a new frame. the radiator seems to be in place. And of course I was n my cheetah p.v. I'm not doing too bad right now I'm doped up on vicadin. Just thought that I'd share my little excitement with you all.

I found out 6 years ago, that sand, particularly wet sand will break bones. I broke 5 ribs on my left side, and that really sucked. A couple of years later, I shattered my right collar bone in one place, and almost twisted it into, in another spot, so I know what kind of pain your going through. Keep taking the pain meds as directed, and get healed up. Good luck.

thanks everyone, i plan on taking all the vicadin and hopefully my body will healed enough so i can with the pain...it's not too bad now but my entire back is sore as hell and i ave to walk real slow where ever i go so i'm not gasping for air. so yeah work will be fun tomorrow

Dang man glad your alright! I have been in a pretty good wreck my self a few years ago and broke my wrist in 2 places my colorbone, three bones in my hand and craked 2 ribs. I didnt go to the dr. for 4 days cause everybody called me a pussy and since i could move my hand that nothing was broke. so i finally went to the doc and found out the bad news. I didnt take any pain meds either i kinda have a wierd thing about medicine I barely take asprin. any way I know what kinda pain your in with the color bone man cant sleep worth a damn cant sleep on your sotmach cant do shit it sucks glad your ok man!

Edited by trueraiderfan

yeah sleep is something I miss. I can only sleep about 4-5 hours before my back hurts to where I can't sleep anymore. My back always feels like it needs to be popped like something fierce.

I know exactly how you feel bro. my prayers def go out to you.

• 11 months later...