Years of the banshee

xXBlessedWithDeathXx

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
I worked on this for some time and to the best of my knowledge its correct.

00banshee_wht.jpg

First post (woo-hoo). This is a great site BTW...

Anyway, my point: Do you have a better picture of that "2008?" (concept or actually exists?) The SE color graphics look awesome. My Banshee is the hideous 1995 purple and yellow. I just repo'd it from my wife (long story) to go spend desert season in the dunes, so I want to make it look respectable. I considered going all Blue to match the bikes (my normal ride)...but I saw the 450se in the store and really dug that color scheme.

Thanks.

You can see more pics of the '08 on the Yamaha website. The '07 and the '08 are available but you have to get them from Canada and it is pretty expensive. I thought about just buying the plastic from a Yamaha dealership. I am sure you can do that.

You can see more pics of the '08 on the Yamaha website. The '07 and the '08 are available but you have to get them from Canada and it is pretty expensive. I thought about just buying the plastic from a Yamaha dealership. I am sure you can do that.

Sure you can...for around $900...seriously. Rear fender is about $350, front is around $300, radiator shrouds are about $200...etc.

UFO seemed to me like the best choice in quality (besides stock), but the colors are limited (white, black, blue). Maier used to make kinda bad looking plastics (no shine, almost textured finish), but now they appear to be pretty shiny and they make lots of colors (including orange and black).

I looked on the Yamaha website but no luck...I'll go look some more.

Canada indeed! ($8,400! Yikes! I paid $5,200 for mine new... :ermm: )

2008_YFZ350_VYRS4_CA_3.jpg

2008_YFZ350_VYRS4_CA_4.jpg

2008_YFZ350_VYRS4_CA_1.jpg

2008_YFZ350_VYRS4_CA_2.jpg

Now...I guess I need to find a sample of Maeir "Zest Orange" and see if it looks similar. Also...I think an orange frame would look better...maybe black.

It's good to know you can still buy new ones though.

My friend at Yamaha says that he can't get the '07 or '08 plastic. He can only get up to '06. But I can get complete plastic for an '06 for $330. That includes front, rear, tank shroud, and radiator shroud. He said that was the super good guy discount!

• 3 months later...