need more bottom end

bigdaddy69

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we need to know his tire size before recommending gearing.

to some extent but I doubt he's running something crazy. Probably 20s or 21s and either way, I'd run a 15t up front. that's how I ran mine and it ran really well with the 21" haulers I had. I've never had someone regret I talked them into a 15t front. Now, if he's running something really tall then 15 isn't going to work but he shouldn't be running something that tall to begin with so if he is, then he should sell them and get some properly sized tires.

I think we should wait for the facts here before just telling him what to do.

If he halfway serious about recreation drag racing, he probably has 22x11x8 superlite extreme haulers. That tire grows to almost 23" at full wheel speed. So a 14 tooth sprocket with a 41 tooth rear would even be too tall. We dont know anything yet, and he hasn't even replied since this morning.

hey sredish, long time no see man! You still got your banshee? I remember you were thinking about getting it back together as well. Sorry to get off topic a little bit, but do you remember who made the swingarm you sold me with the flames cut into the carrier area?

I'm still going with that his setup is probably a decent one.....he just needs to practice his launches for a little bit to get out of the hole a lot better......I think he's falling out of the pipe

hey sredish, long time no see man! You still got your banshee? I remember you were thinking about getting it back together as well. Sorry to get off topic a little bit, but do you remember who made the swingarm you sold me with the flames cut into the carrier area?

whatsup man, yea it's been a bit I guess. T-Dub Racing is who made that swingarm. http://www.tdubracing.com/ Hows it working? I'm actually banshee-less at the moment.... kinda sucks tho but thats how it is for the moment.

i would have found a guy who can port for low end........any port you get will increase the top end, you should be able to put a 17 up front and launch first or second like a bat outta hell...even in sand

jeff can port for bottom end. the problem is that not what he asked for, he asked for a dune port, and shoulda got a wood port..

a. it is jetted incorrectly

b. its geared to high for what ever gear he launchs with. usually sec gear starts

c. tires are too big for the motor, same as gearing

d. it was ported for topend and wont have any bottom.

my suggestion is tell what jetting you have, what gearing you run, what size of tires, what terrian, what compression.

if its a dune port is should have stock low end and a good mid to top pull.

surely there are other guys with jeff dune port that can help you will what they run. imo

Edited by wesw

wesw hit it right on the head. Those are the same questions Jeff asked me when I called him. Between me and Jeff I should get it all worked out just gotta tweak it a couple different ways. We will see what happens....No matter what I dont think I will ever go to a two into one carb

I do want to say thanks to everyone, you guys answered quickly to my post and most of you were pretty damn close to saying exactly what Jeff said.

jeff can port for bottom end. the problem is that not what he asked for, he asked for a dune port, and shoulda got a wood port..

i agree 100% he should have told jeff he wanted low end(i just asumed he did, my bad) ............a by product of any port job ive ever seen is top end maybe not a silly amount of over rev, my bike launches harder in sand than it does in dirt, due to the traction, i see alot of guys with agressive top end ports just feather the shit outta there clutches to keep the r's up in sand even geared 13/41, thats how alot of these guys get whooped by the thumpers everytime they fan the clutch they breakem loose again, which slows you way down

i agree 100% he should have told jeff he wanted low end(i just asumed he did, my bad) ............a by product of any port job ive ever seen is top end maybe not a silly amount of over rev, my bike launches harder in sand than it does in dirt, due to the traction, i see alot of guys with agressive top end ports just feather the shit outta there clutches to keep the r's up in sand even geared 13/41, thats how alot of these guys get whooped by the thumpers everytime they fan the clutch they breakem loose again, which slows you way down

insted of pulling the clutch in and out, you can just steadily feed it in while holding it at full throttle to control your rpm's and wheelspin, thats what i do.

[quote name='letsgetthisdone'

DON"T get the 2 into 1 carb for that motor, i've had bad luck with mine in the dunes. and it makes the the left side run a lil leaner then the right. [end quote]

i have a trinity single carb on mine and it runs awesome in the dunes along with everywhere else. the single carb does not make one cylinder run leaner.

Edited by 400rednEX