E85 powered banshee

austin

They dont purge flex fuel vehicles because they are 4 strokes. They dont use the fuel with 2 stroke oil in it to lubricate the bottom end of the engine. Not to mention flex fuel vehicle fuel systems are refitted with non-corrosive materials compared regular gm vehicles of the same caliber (I.E. Stainless steel fuel rails and lines). Apparently you didn't watch the video I posted a few pages back from my gm trainning courses. I know your talking about ethanol, and my stance still stays the same. Adding some more gasoline to the mixture does not change the fact that the ethanol is still hydroscopic. It will still absorb water in your vented fuel tank and corrode things in your engine and fuel system.

Hygroscopic

B

They dont purge flex fuel vehicles because they are 4 strokes. They dont use the fuel with 2 stroke oil in it to lubricate the bottom end of the engine. Not to mention flex fuel vehicle fuel systems are refitted with non-corrosive materials compared regular gm vehicles of the same caliber (I.E. Stainless steel fuel rails and lines). Apparently you didn't watch the video I posted a few pages back from my gm trainning courses. I know your talking about ethanol, and my stance still stays the same. Adding some more gasoline to the mixture does not change the fact that the ethanol is still hydroscopic. It will still absorb water in your vented fuel tank and corrode things in your engine and fuel system.

Fantastic! That is sort of what I was trying to get at in a round about way in ten words or less. :biggrin:

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i am still intending to when i get the time. any little free time is spent riding or doing things around the house. i have access to straight ethanol and e85. whats the biggest jets i can get for keihen carbs?

to the guy that was trying to mix ethanol and gas together, you must have some shitty alcohol. pure ethanol (well e98) readily mixes with about anything. we mix right in the ground tanks at work. no science to it. i mix some E and water 60/40 and use it in my alcohol injection in my car.