What override you guys running in the 1/8th

Lethaface

Hey guys.. After doing some searching around just had a few quick questions for you guys.. What kind of override are you guys running in the 1/8th.. I was gonna do a 2-6 but was told 6th becomes unreliable after being cut.. So are you guy's running 1-5 and gearing up or 2-4 and just manual shifting into 5th and 6th?? Any info would be great..

Thanks, Jeremy

Hey guys.. After doing some searching around just had a few quick questions for you guys.. What kind of override are you guys running in the 1/8th.. I was gonna do a 2-6 but was told 6th becomes unreliable after being cut.. So are you guy's running 1-5 and gearing up or 2-4 and just manual shifting into 5th and 6th?? Any info would be great..

Thanks, Jeremy

i was thinking of doing the one that does 1 threw 4 no clutch then 5 and 6 clutch which ever that one is called, but i am just learning about them also

I am running a 1-5 with nuetral down. Most all the banshees here are running 1-5 over rides that run 1/8 mile. The banshees that run 1/4 mile use 1-4 and click 5&6.

Thanks...

Jeremy and I talked on the phone last night....and since I only run 300foot...I wasn't sure what to tell him.

I figured 1-5 would be ok, gearing up as well....

i havent heard anything about 6th being unreliable. if anything it first or second because that thing gets to beat on. if your going to do 1-4 might as well go 1-5 and move neut down so you dont ever have to worry about missing 2nd

you looking at a dunable ?

When they cut the overrides 1-6 6th gear often is a problem.........

whats the deal with the 1-6 that you have to be stopped? thats the first iv heard of it... then again i havent really read shit about the 1-6 becasue i never cared to get one

Not sure, but I've heard that from multiple sources...

And alcoholbanshee probably knows more than 95% people on this site about this kinda thing.

That's not a knock to our members by any means, he's just been around a track and drag racing for a while.

Like Jr. Soprano says..."I knew Moses when he wore short pants..." That kinda fits.

:yelrotflmao: