What override you guys running in the 1/8th

Lethaface

What's really funny Rog is you and Jackie were talking at Bob's last time I took her, about riding three wheelers back in the day, and you made the comment to her about being old for that.

I was like wait a minute....I rode three wheelers...one of my first bikes was a 185S Honda....does that mean I'm old?

Yeah...guess so...

:wink:

What's really funny Rog is you and Jackie were talking at Bob's last time I took her, about riding three wheelers back in the day, and you made the comment to her about being old for that.

I was like wait a minute....I rode three wheelers...one of my first bikes was a 185S Honda....does that mean I'm old?

Yeah...guess so...

:wink:

YA....You are old!!!

another thing u can do to make your tranny better and your gearing longer is overide straight cuts...they make them now with a 2.36 ratio which is very long...u can get them through rdz racing for 400.00..i have a set but they are not that tall but work very well...the ones i have lets me run one tooth smaller on the front..

another thing u can do to make your tranny better and your gearing longer is overide straight cuts...they make them now with a 2.36 ratio which is very long...u can get them through rdz racing for 400.00..i have a set but they are not that tall but work very well...the ones i have lets me run one tooth smaller on the front..

Yeah i will eventually get a set.. As of now though the $400 is better spent elsewhere dollar for dollar for what i'm needing..

Another question came into my head while thinking about this override.. with 14-40 with 21" tires the gearing was perfect in the stock tranny.. Now switching to a 1-5 i'm gonna have to gear appropriatly.. So with that said what gearing are you guys running(those of you with the 1-5) in the 1/8th with what tire size..

Thanks again, jeremy

I run a 1-6 full override in my blue bike, i believe its cut by wcr...had problems with it the first night i put it in, sent it back got it fixed and since then its worked perfect... :biggrin: and yes i have to come to a COMPLETE stop before i downshift..i don't know how many times i have let off because of wheelies and get right back in it and it still shifts damn good.

• 3 months later...
I run a 1-6 full override in my blue bike, i believe its cut by wcr...had problems with it the first night i put it in, sent it back got it fixed and since then its worked perfect... :biggrin: and yes i have to come to a COMPLETE stop before i downshift..i don't know how many times i have let off because of wheelies and get right back in it and it still shifts damn good.

i was told you could blow the shift fork out with the 2-6 ansd 2-5 what gear are you guys running with the 1-5 on a 4 mill?