lt230s wiring question

sorry for posting this on this site but its the only site i know of for these types of questions, or if anyone can point me to a 4stroke site where somebody may know that would be great as well

Anyways my buddy picked up a lt230s in parts and asked me to build it for him, the project is going slow but now i am at the wiring,

off the stator its similar to a banshee since its a kickstart bike.

there are 2 plugs that i hooked up, there is no way they go to the other plug, different connectors.

then there are 2 mysterious wirings coming off it as well.

the bike got painted with the wiring on by the moron before me, so i scraped the paint off and one wire is blakc and the other is orange it appears.

on a banshee orange goes from the cdi to the coil, but this orange wire i thought was like the yellow light wire coming off the stator of a banshee and the black i thought would be the same as a banshee and just ground it out.

thats not the case though if you ground the black there is no spark on the bike.

Everything else seems hooked up correctly, its a new plug so its not a plug issue.

\just wondering if somebody could help me out and let me know where these 2 wires belong, then i can go from there and try and figure out if its good or something else is up.

i am kinda suspecting a bad coil because i have tryed these wires in several spots now and nothing.

thanks guys

For 20 shipped I have a brand new clymers manual for that bike....

sorry for posting this on this site but its the only site i know of for these types of questions, or if anyone can point me to a 4stroke site where somebody may know that would be great as well

Anyways my buddy picked up a lt230s in parts and asked me to build it for him, the project is going slow but now i am at the wiring,

off the stator its similar to a banshee since its a kickstart bike.

there are 2 plugs that i hooked up, there is no way they go to the other plug, different connectors.

then there are 2 mysterious wirings coming off it as well.

the bike got painted with the wiring on by the moron before me, so i scraped the paint off and one wire is blakc and the other is orange it appears.

on a banshee orange goes from the cdi to the coil, but this orange wire i thought was like the yellow light wire coming off the stator of a banshee and the black i thought would be the same as a banshee and just ground it out.

thats not the case though if you ground the black there is no spark on the bike.

Everything else seems hooked up correctly, its a new plug so its not a plug issue.

\just wondering if somebody could help me out and let me know where these 2 wires belong, then i can go from there and try and figure out if its good or something else is up.

i am kinda suspecting a bad coil because i have tryed these wires in several spots now and nothing.

thanks guys