Need new paddles after Dune Port, timing advance, and race gas

Dgrey

Right now I have the paddles shown in the signature, but I think they are to stiff and the wheels are to heavy and I can spin the piss out of them with just pipes and a k&n. I ride at Gordon's Well and Glamis. I just got my bike back together from Kevin Herr who did my port job. He is recommending a 22x11x10 - 8 cup hauler tire with douglas blue label wheels. I got off the phone and have not talked to him since then I didn't even think twice to ask if that is a good duneing tire. That tire seems more like a drag race / hill shooter tire to me and I need something that will also be dune friendly. I called Daryl Smith a sand tire shop out here in San Diego and he quoted me (but he had to get off the phone for a customer in the shop) $265 plus tax for the wheels and tires in the size that he recomends, but he didn't even tell me the size. Whatever!

The sprokets on my bike are still stock. I have a +4 swing arm.

That recommended hauler will dune ok if you throw your body into the turns.

I have a similair setup and have ran the sand skate II's the past couple seasons and like them alot for the dunes.

Your right in saying the hauler will be better on the hill, but I like the sand skates better in the dunes.

That recommended hauler will dune ok if you throw your body into the turns.

I have a similair setup and have ran the sand skate II's the past couple seasons and like them alot for the dunes.

Your right in saying the hauler will be better on the hill, but I like the sand skates better in the dunes.

Yeah I dont want to do THAT much work out in the dunes, but I guess I could. It just seems like a very large tire for duneing.

I had sand skate II's on my quadzilla that I used to have and I spun the sh*t out of those things on drags but yes they worked well in the dunes.

Maybe one size smaller than a 22x11x10 - 8 cup hauler and I should be alright for the dunes? I still like to turn and burn. I guess if I bark up the RPM's I can spin anything in sand since I do have a 4+ swinger.

• 2 weeks later...

I Have a similar setup and i use a 20x10x10 9 paddle Hauler and it works pretty good for me. They are mounted on .160 douglas rims. Banshees like to spin the tires i would rather have too little traction than too much. On my set up i don't have to use excessive body english to turn.

i have 20x10x10 8 paddle haulers, and they kick the shit out of the sand skate 2's i used to have. way more hook up and it just takes a little bit more rear brake to throw into a turn....

AMEN BROTHA! I had some Sand Skates 2's and they some times slide too much when you're ridding the side of steep dunes, and they don't pull you up the hill as good as a hauler. Go with the Haulers, you won't regret it. People won't like ridding behind you, but you'll look cool ass hell when the Haulers are kickin up sand even when you're just cruisin.

Edited by phxrider

haulers arent that bad for genral duning.. only time you really have a problem is if your really hard on the gas and trying to turn the straight paddles will push front a lil more then say v paddles.. i dont see any advantage to v paddles.. cus haulers will do anything they can do and if not better.. especailly in a straight line..

Ive got a set of those sand hauler paddles on my wifes banshee in 21-12-8 8 paddles. They are decent paddles, kinda heavy, but ive had them in the root jungle at walden and bounced them off trees with out a problem yet.