Banshee shut down

chiwape

Well just looking for some suggestions...My banshee has been dying on me at 40 - 60 minutes into riding.

My last problem was a race that i did..Bike was running good and then after 40 minutes into the race bike began losing power..it would kick on and off and finally last hill climb it shut down..I got it started again to went for a while then same thing shut down..I looked at my plugs alittle wet but didnt look like i fouled them..I did notice that one of the vent lines was full of gas...I pulled both outside plugs on carbs got bike started and rode back to pits...I took apart carbs nothing looked bad...Also I am losing a lot of gas from the gas cap my pipes are getting burnt on outside...Anyone has any ideas to what could be going on with my bike??? havent rode since then...

Well just looking for some suggestions...My banshee has been dying on me at 40 - 60 minutes into riding.

My last problem was a race that i did..Bike was running good and then after 40 minutes into the race bike began losing power..it would kick on and off and finally last hill climb it shut down..I got it started again to went for a while then same thing shut down..I looked at my plugs alittle wet but didnt look like i fouled them..I did notice that one of the vent lines was full of gas...I pulled both outside plugs on carbs got bike started and rode back to pits...I took apart carbs nothing looked bad...Also I am losing a lot of gas from the gas cap my pipes are getting burnt on outside...Anyone has any ideas to what could be going on with my bike??? havent rode since then...

Sounds like your CDI is taking a nose dive. Check the resistance on the stator and if it checks ok, borrow a buddies CDI and test.

Brandon

Sounds like your CDI is taking a nose dive. Check the resistance on the stator and if it checks ok, borrow a buddies CDI and test.

Brandon

So how would that affect my problem?? Dont quite understand how that would mess my bike up?? It felt fine after i pulled out the vent lines on the carbs??

sounds electrical to me. cdi more than likely. if carbs were your problem it wouldnt run right for 40 mins and then shut down or act funny. it would more than likely be fucked up and thats it.. since youve torn them down and say theres no issue i suspect electrical. electrical problems can be on/off at anytime. make sure your cdi is good and grounded properly. check to make sure all your wires are secure and nothing is grounding out to the frame. your gas cap is leaking? from where? there should be a vent hose on there that runs down to the ground.

sounds electrical to me. cdi more than likely. if carbs were your problem it wouldnt run right for 40 mins and then shut down or act funny. it would more than likely be fucked up and thats it.. since youve torn them down and say theres no issue i suspect electrical. electrical problems can be on/off at anytime. make sure your cdi is good and grounded properly. check to make sure all your wires are secure and nothing is grounding out to the frame. your gas cap is leaking? from where? there should be a vent hose on there that runs down to the ground.

Ok maybe it is the electrical, I will have to look at my CDI unit then. Well, I did ride today to see what would happen..Things seemed good i had the power and response as before...I hit a couple of bumps and some jumps and then it began to act up as it did before. So now i am thinking it could be the electrical but i was just so confused with it..Also there was a lot of air that built up in the gas tank and my gas lines to the carbs seemed that air was getting in them...Maybe i not getting the proper amount of gas...Also gas was running out of the vent line....