missing on top end

Would a regular volt meter from radio shack work? If so, how i use it?

black clamp as a ground and red probe in the cab and kick her over and see what shee reads which should be....12 volts? Also what's acceptable?

Edited by RagunCajun

found the problem. messed up o-ring on the head. it seems to be leaking coolant in the juggs.

easy fix. cant wait to get her ripping again. thanks for lookin people :thanks:

Glad you got that figured out! Just curious how did you come to that conclusion? Did you pull the head and just noticed it or what?

naaa i called denny of flotek(who ported my juggs) and talked to him. He said check it among other things, and viola! It's gonna take till monday to get the new orings in cuz i order it through FAST.

Ima try to plan a trip to the spillway for Sunday the 19th. I was gonna go this sunday but i dont think i wanna bring the 250 out there.

You can keep that stator now kb :):thanks:

naaa i called denny of flotek(who ported my juggs) and talked to him. He said check it among other things, and viola! It's gonna take till monday to get the new orings in cuz i order it through FAST.

Ima try to plan a trip to the spillway for Sunday the 19th. I was gonna go this sunday but i dont think i wanna bring the 250 out there.

You can keep that stator now kb :):thanks:

Interesting, I take it you have to remove the head to check the o-rings or can you air up the cylinder or cooling system to find the problem ??.

PM me after you ride it with the new o-rings. Although I will be out of town next week.

Good job man !! thanks for the updates keep me posted.

Before you drained your coolant, was it low? If it was topped off, it's doubtful that an o-ring was leaking....and the only o-rings that would let coolant get into the cylinder are the 2 around the domes. You can probably find an oring to fit the domes at an autoparts store. I hope that is your problem, but I'm skeptical. Let us know if that fixes it. If not, I'd say it could be the stator. They fail suddenly for no reason.

no i didnt check the coolant level.

It might not be leaking in the cylinder but im not sure. The symtoms make sense so i will see. If it's not a leak, then it's something else. Either way ima keep trying till it's fixed.

• 2 months later...

I know im digging this up from the dead but mine too was doing this and it always seemed a bit low on coolant. it would cut out and after letting it 'cool down' it would run run for a couple pulls. last weekend i took it for a final ride and it smelled like it was hot and finallly it died on me and was a bitch to kick, did a tear down in the middle of the sand while waiting for a buddy to come tow me and guess what, no coolant even though i checked it before i left to ride! Apparently i annihilated an oring and it slowly used all the coolant up. it scuffed the cylinder walls pretty good :down: guess its really time for a port and bore!