when starts revs real high

Rex789

hey im new to this forum and i need some help... i just installed pro circuit pipes and vforce reeds and as soon as i start it, it revs real high to the point where i have to shut it off.. its as if the throttle is pinned... another thing i noticed was that for the brief second its started the right pipe gets real hot and the left one stays cold (maybe the left cylinder isnt firing?)... my choke tube is connected between the 2 carbs... i took the air filters off and noticed that the carbs dont sync when i push the throttle... the left one stays a little higher than the right... if this is the problem than how do i fix it? if not then what is? any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanx

hey im new to this forum and i need some help... i just installed pro circuit pipes and vforce reeds and as soon as i start it, it revs real high to the point where i have to shut it off.. its as if the throttle is pinned... another thing i noticed was that for the brief second its started the right pipe gets real hot and the left one stays cold (maybe the left cylinder isnt firing?)... my choke tube is connected between the 2 carbs... i took the air filters off and noticed that the carbs dont sync when i push the throttle... the left one stays a little higher than the right... if this is the problem than how do i fix it? if not then what is? any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanx

you need everything connected, and make sure your slides are down all the way. Your basically answering your own question here. Make sure the slides are in the right carb and the right way. Make sure the throttle cable is not pulled out of a carb top or the throttle at all.

I agree with snop... check your slides to be facing the right direction. And sinc them in with the adjuster nob on the tors unit on top of your carbs. Also don't forget to check your boots for a tear or leaking air. double check all your clamps and boots. you also siad you put reeds in. Are they sealed up...gaskets and all... everything is good. check for a gap or folded gasket or anything like that. If it's leaking then it will burn you motor up.

Only thing tors can to wrong is kill the motor or make it have a 4000rpm rev limit.

So if it revs past idle it's not that.