Rear axle bearings

Well its been a while since i did my bearings so im replacin em, got it all apart but heres my question got the bearings inside the carrier but where do the axleseals sit? theres no room for em in the carrier beucase the bearings sit tight in there do they stay outside along the sproket and brake hubs or do they sit inside the carrier?

Well its been a while since i did my bearings so im replacin em, got it all apart but heres my question got the bearings inside the carrier but where do the axleseals sit? theres no room for em in the carrier beucase the bearings sit tight in there do they stay outside along the sproket and brake hubs or do they sit inside the carrier?

the outside of the seals should be flush with the carrier(inside)

They should sit flush or just below the surface of the carrier.