quick jetting question

just got 28mm keihens,mid and top end power is great but small bog right off idle,its not a huge problem as its plenty rideable,just have to take off using a little more gas than normal!!!does this sound like a pilot jet problem...what i dont understand is, is the bog caused from getting too much fuel,or not enough fuel???can i solve it by messing with the air screws?

just got 28mm keihens,mid and top end power is great but small bog right off idle,its not a huge problem as its plenty rideable,just have to take off using a little more gas than normal!!!does this sound like a pilot jet problem...what i dont understand is, is the bog caused from getting too much fuel,or not enough fuel???can i solve it by messing with the air screws?

Try turning the air screws in and see if it gets worse or better. I bet its a bit to rich you might end up droping the needles 1 clip. Try the air screws first.

Try turning the air screws in and see if it gets worse or better. I bet its a bit to rich you might end up droping the needles 1 clip. Try the air screws first.

If the midrange is fine you dont drop the needles to fix a problem off idle.

What size of pilot jet do you have in your Keihin's?

Keihin should buy the rights to this write up and include it in the box with their carbs. It is that good.

DRI Keihin Jetting Tech LINK