heim protection

peterlocal22

janssen sells an enclosed Heim. awesome setup. and your heims wont come apart while your riding anymore. just ask me how bad that sux. lol.

Janssen doesn't make an enclosed heim for a Banshee application. They do make the rubber boots for the heims though.

Normally I order my heims from Aurora. :geek:

They do have an enclosed heim, it has an aluminum cap with two small bolts holding it down and a rubber boot on the bottom. But you can't just buy the boot by itself. They also have the billet rebuildable ball joint with almost the same amount of travel. I just put a set on my wife's 660 raptor with +3+1 a-arms, very nice. Going to take the heavy heims off my shee and put on a set of billet aluminum rebuildable ball joints, real light and very strong. The aluminum ones are not out for sell yet.

They do have an enclosed heim, it has an aluminum cap with two small bolts holding it down and a rubber boot on the bottom. But you can't just buy the boot by itself. They also have the billet rebuildable ball joint with almost the same amount of travel. I just put a set on my wife's 660 raptor with +3+1 a-arms, very nice. Going to take the heavy heims off my shee and put on a set of billet aluminum rebuildable ball joints, real light and very strong. The aluminum ones are not out for sell yet.

They also make a rubber condom thing for the heim joints. Several of us have them on here and that's where we got them from.

I would steer clear of an aluminum heim for the lower a-arm, I doubt they would last long in that application. Additionally, I some how doubt the ballt joint or heim for that matter are entirely aluminum. The ball of the joint would have to be steel or plastic I would think. :confused:

Titanium Auroras? Those may set you back some clams. I'm sure they are nice though. Personally I always thought the best idea was to leave them exposed, that way they get washed.

......................yeah I haven't bought any of them. I just saw them in thei catalog. Personally, I took my boots off because I thought they looked gay, but I did use them for a bit. I think I agree with you regarding th boots trapping sand and such in the joint. :thumbsup: