This was a weird find today!

Do you think this is a sweet find???  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If you stop, lean your lazy butt over the bars

Man...you must really know me... :yelrotflmao:

Yep, import cap is all it is, I've read of others getting an automotive style cap with a higher pressure rating to raise the boiling point, as well.

However, since I run alky....if that motor is getting hot, I've got other problems. Sure does look sweeeeet though!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, most guys who run alcohol or race gas should run pretty cool. But then again if you have one and notice it gets hot then you would be ahead of the game.

Shit happens real fast in 4 seconds....after that it's shut down and the return lane...:)

Can someone link me to the correct cap on summit racings website? I have fulbores and have been too lazy to get a temperature gauge untill now :)

Is this it?

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.a...mp;autoview=sku

Now if it ony had a backlight or glowed in the the dark or something.

Edited by Justintoxicated

Just ordered mine, shoudl help to identify if I'm running leann at night in Glamis. Temp changes alot and I don't rejet....

I fixed the link for the import cap I believe, but I ended up getting silver instead of red. Red tends to change to pink in the sun and that part will always be exposed. (although I have other red annodized stuff anyways, damn I shoudl have got red! lol)

$10 for shipping but I ordered some AEM cleaner too. Ouch on the shipping, but gas would probably cost me more to go looking.

Edited by Justintoxicated

No Problemo!

I grew one more question for you. What is the height difference between this cap and an OEM cap? Measuring from the top of the cap to the top surface of the top tank of the radiator is probably the best way to compare, unles you have another idea.

I OD looks good to clear Fullbores unless the height winds up fouling the rear of the cap access port in the plastic. :geek: