421 Stroker

mcf

I've read in a few places that people have negative things to say about Trinity. I need this clarified. What I want to know is where is the best place to get a 421 kit (i.e. everything I need to build the 421). I've had a banshee engine for quite a while now, and I just bought the machine the engine came from for $300. I plan on stripping this thing down and starting from the chassis. Ideas to modify would be appreciated. Not real sure what I want to use it for at the moment, as I just ruled out asphalt. Dunes / sand pits would be nice and that's the idea I have but there are none around here (the sand pits are closed because of people getting hurt and the insurance thing) Thanks for any info. I believe I've been bitten by the banshee bug.

i think the bitch about trinity was they talk a lot of shit basically and people felt like they werent getting the power promised. some of their porting that has been posted over the yrs is nice and some is beyond hacked up. their customer service on getting parts has been awful.

my suggestion is get a 4mm dune port motor. i wouldnt waste the bores to get a big bore unless its over 80 thousands allready.

there are many good builders to build you a 4mm duner. search and get some phone numbers and start calling and talk stuff over.

best of luck

i think the bitch about trinity was they talk a lot of shit basically and people felt like they werent getting the power promised. some of their porting that has been posted over the yrs is nice and some is beyond hacked up. their customer service on getting parts has been awful.

my suggestion is get a 4mm dune port motor. i wouldnt waste the bores to get a big bore unless its over 80 thousands allready.

there are many good builders to build you a 4mm duner. search and get some phone numbers and start calling and talk stuff over.

best of luck

Thanks for the clarification. My plans are to order everything at once (super cub (72) cylinders, crank, pistons, etc (RDZ racing)). I plan on disassembling the bike this week or next. The only thing on the frame I see so far is that the rear fender mounting tab (on the left) is missing. It looks like it broke from the weld and was lost. It also seems to me that I may be going in the direction of a trails bike with this one as that is just simply what is available in this area as I'm not interested in the ATV MX tracks around here. I ride trails now but on a CR250, never had a 4 wheeler before nor do I know how they are in the woods. I would like to build a strong all around banshee, I am definitely going with the 421 cub though. Any thing else to look for on the frame? Weak points? Other than that I am trying to decide on powdercoating candy blue or red, haven't decided color scheme yet. 4" over swingarm (aftermarket), what should I look for, what brand?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by mcf

Thanks for the clarification. My plans are to order everything at once (super cub (72) cylinders, crank, pistons, etc (RDZ racing)). I plan on disassembling the bike this week or next. The only thing on the frame I see so far is that the rear fender mounting tab (on the left) is missing. It looks like it broke from the weld and was lost. It also seems to me that I may be going in the direction of a trails bike with this one as that is just simply what is available in this area as I'm not interested in the ATV MX tracks around here. I ride trails now but on a CR250, never had a 4 wheeler before nor do I know how they are in the woods. I would like to build a strong all around banshee, I am definitely going with the 421 cub though. Any thing else to look for on the frame? Weak points? Other than that I am trying to decide on powdercoating candy blue or red, haven't decided color scheme yet. 4" over swingarm (aftermarket), what should I look for, what brand?

Thanks a lot.

Honestly, if you want to do a SuperCub, call Nate McCoy at McCoy Racing...

I wouldn't give a dollar to RDZ...

Rob builds some fast bikes, but his customer service is terrible, and that's an understatement.

The SuperCubs take some effort to get them to work as well as a normal cub out of the box, but they can run very, very well...

And...like Wes Said, if you're looking to build a strong all around banshee, a cub is the WRONG choice. It's a drag motor, period.

A cheetah is a better choice, but that is still drag orientated...

Get your stockers ported by a reputable builder...you will be MUCH happier with the power output and characteristics of the motor.

Honestly, if you want to do a SuperCub, call Nate McCoy at McCoy Racing...

I wouldn't give a dollar to RDZ...

Rob builds some fast bikes, but his customer service is terrible, and that's an understatement.

The SuperCubs take some effort to get them to work as well as a normal cub out of the box, but they can run very, very well...

And...like Wes Said, if you're looking to build a strong all around banshee, a cub is the WRONG choice. It's a drag motor, period.

A cheetah is a better choice, but that is still drag orientated...

Get your stockers ported by a reputable builder...you will be MUCH happier with the power output and characteristics of the motor.

Thanks, this is the kind of information I need. Obviously I was going in the wrong direction. So basically I should keep my stock lower (transmission / crank) and get my stock cylinders worked on. I'll have to look into the cheetah setup then. I am well versed in motocross engines but this is my first time with 4 wheelers. (man that makes the banshee sound like a utility to me when I hear or say '4 wheeler') Thanks again, I really need information so that I may continue with my project.

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks, this is the kind of information I need. Obviously I was going in the wrong direction. So basically I should keep my stock lower (transmission / crank) and get my stock cylinders worked on. I'll have to look into the cheetah setup then. I am well versed in motocross engines but this is my first time with 4 wheelers. (man that makes the banshee sound like a utility to me when I hear or say '4 wheeler') Thanks again, I really need information so that I may continue with my project.

i wouldnt even stay with the stock crank.. a 4mm crank with factory cyls.. works great... i have one.. i won't say who it's built by... (shit storms follow around here) and mine runs great.. the 4mm crank really helps the torque.. especially if you plan on a taller ex port duration.. which tends to make the engine more "pipey".. i think the important thing they are saying is stay away from the cub unless your a duner/dragger... with that 4mm crank you can have a 70rwhp trail machine.. and that sounds like sooooooooooooooooooo much fun haha

I agree with Dave. I have the 421 cub and I trail ride and pit ride, +2 a arms and a +6 swinger with turf tamers. I believe Dave had the best quote "Its like driving a funny car to 7-11", well he was right but I adapted. It is definitly a dragger but its still fun handing 450's their ass on the pit flat. I havent been on here for a while, hows your new build dave?

Yea I say get the 4 mill stroker crank. Then have your cylinders ported for the crank. Once you have them ported for a stock stroker crank they cannot really be ported for a 4mill crank. Then you get a Noss Machine head and run domes that are cut for the 4mill stroker crank.

When you buy your stroker crank I would get the hot rods 4mill stroker long rod crank. Then run 795 series pistons. You run 795 series pistons because of the longer conecting rod. You run cut domes because the piston comes up 2mm higer in the cylinder. Or you can run a 2mm thick spacer plate. The cut domes are the way to go though.