Nwe guy here

Hey how are you guys doing? I'm John and I live in southern jersey and just picked up my first two-stroke and first Banshee. I located a pristine 20002 Yamaha blue Banshee from a co-workers neighbor and picked up it for 3100 cash. Bike is practically stock with the exception of FMF silencers. The bike also has about 22 hours on it, 2 of them were from me. All in all I am happy with the bike. And pleased on the deal. The previous only gave me title, spare key service books, and a giant zip lock with all the plugs he changed. there is about 7 sets. I have a few places to ride but don't do a lot of riding in the summer with the crazy work schedule. I am figuring my first mods should be pipes, induction and a jet kit. I don't plan on porting the motor anytime soon, but I was looking into Trinitys stage 2 port as it fits the description of the the style of riding I do most. I am on the fence about Toomy 5s or 6s. It seems like 5s would be the better choice. i would like to do the ignition and 2-1 carb later on after I square away pipes. I already used the search function and have thrown out the use of FMFs due to a lousy craftsmanship with them rusting faster than leading competitors. I also like the Toomy intake as well. My final question is about fuel ratio, the previous owner was doing 24:1 with Yamalube as per instructions in manual. After searching about and talking to a local shop they suggested a Bel-Ray product and a ratio of 36:1. I did 34:1 personally and the bike felt great. Any suggestions or recommendations. This is a big difference compared to my 400EX and am trying to become more familiar with the bike and it's intricacies. Thanks to you guys in advance for any knowledge you pass on.

I would stay away from trinity. Go with someone else when it comes down to motor work.

Trinity does a nice Strong port job on stock cylinders, if thats what your looking for. But if i were to do it over again id go K&T or F.A.S.T. - Trinity is just falling behind these days... :huh:

Eric

welcome, yes trinity is just underpar. id say go k&t or rudy kurtz, ive used 32:1 never had problems with it, also i use castor 927 high viscocity temp and nice smell :D

32:1

i have toomy t5 and love them, a buddy of mine has t6's and loves them. call toomy and figure out whats best for you. i believe if your not going to do any engne work go w t6's if you are go with t5's but dont quote me on that.

check into getting an adjustable timing plate there cheap money good mod.

good luck if you need any more help let me know.

and welcome to the addiction

32:1

i have toomy t5 and love them, a buddy of mine has t6's and loves them. call toomy and figure out whats best for you. i believe if your not going to do any engne work go w t6's if you are go with t5's but dont quote me on that.

check into getting an adjustable timing plate there cheap money good mod.

good luck if you need any more help let me know.

and welcome to the addiction

what happened to your rockets?

what happened to your rockets?

still have them. im thinking about selling them just dont know if i really want to, lol

there awsome pipes. i guess once im completely happy with the t5's ill sell the rockets.

hey welcome, I use yamalube and never had a problam and i have fmf fatties and mine havent rusted at all and i can keep up with anyone with t-5's

Thanks for all the help and advice guys. I appreciate it a lot. Can someone explain the reasoning behind using different mixes of gas:oil? When do you know when to change to a different ratio? I am still using 34:1 in my tank and everything seems good. My first and only complaint about the quad is the stock death grips. My hand grips consistently shred off layers of my skin on my knuckles. Any input on tire selection for hooking up? I would like to put the power down before I go and add more. Thanks guys.