barnett issues

Ive got a 80 horse 350 barnett basket and fibers,i put a 17 tooth front on the bike and it still slips with the brand new clutch.So im wondering if anywon thinks that unless i have a lockup it is going to slip with the big gear no matter what,or am i doing something wrong.I torqued all the spring and throw out at 7.5 ft pounds,is there something obvious im missing?

Make sure there is a little slack in your clutch cable and that the clutch arm on the case is lined up with the arrow. Did you soak the clutch fibers in oil before installation? Is it installed correctly? The first peice should be a clutch fiber plate, then alternating with steel plates. If there was a steel plate first, I suppose it could cause slipping. That would be an easy oversight. There is no reason for that clutch to slip, gearing doesn't matter.

What kind of Barnett Fibers are you running? What springs did you put in. I run the barnett carbon fiber clutch on my patriot racing 4 mill. I just used the stock springs since I have a lock up. The clutch kit did come with 2 sets of springs.

Why u say that theres dyno's no different then others, full barnett system,17 tooth front, stock rear ,pro wedge 2's

Nobody elses rear wheel dyno is accurate either, unless its a crank dyno its not an accurate number. Dynojet released information that their correction factors skew hp numbers from 15-20% off the actual numbers.

I dont know what size a pro wedge 2 is, so your gonna need to tell me.

Rounded edges are supposed to face out.

Its sounds like you have entirely too much gearing and tire size rolled up in this thing. I have a hard time believing that you can pull full rpm in 6th gear with that kind of gearing. I would personally on that machine run something along the lines of 14/46 with a 22" tire.

Well i pulled it back apart made steels smooth out,torqued everything back down and its still slipping in final gears unless i slowly give it power,when i pull the clutch arm in it lines with the pointer casted into the case,i assumed thats what i wanted not for it to line up when it's released.I had another idea today i didnt build the bike and was told it was an aftermarket barnett basket,is there a possibility that i should have 1 more steel and fiber making it an eight fiber system,and would it be safe to just try putting 1 more in?

Well i pulled it back apart made steels smooth out,torqued everything back down and its still slipping in final gears unless i slowly give it power,when i pull the clutch arm in it lines with the pointer casted into the case,i assumed thats what i wanted not for it to line up when it's released.I had another idea today i didnt build the bike and was told it was an aftermarket barnett basket,is there a possibility that i should have 1 more steel and fiber making it an eight fiber system,and would it be safe to just try putting 1 more in?

you want the pointer on the clutch arm to line up with the pointer cast into the case while it's at rest with a little freeplay in your clutch handle. if it's lining up with your clutch engaged then you need to go back and adjust the pushrod nut in the center of your pressure plate so it lines up at rest. could very well be your problem... as far as the eight plate idea goes, is there excessive space between your pressure plate and clutch pack at rest? like the thickness of a fiber and steel plate? if the pack seems tight at rest then i doubt you need another fiber in there...