Wont start without choke and babying throttle...

Hey all

Just trying to get my bike up and going, after a long stressful time off.

Trying to dail my carbs in and I'm having a bitch getting it up and running.. doesn't want to start without choke and then it revs up good once it does fire.

Have a F.A.S.T dune ported 4 mill,CPI inframes, running on 35pwks with K&N pods. premium pump gas,130psi

400Ft above sea level,

my current jetting is 160 mains, 45 pilots, and Cel middle clip..

if anyone has any suggestions that would be great

Thanks in advance

Brad

honestly you want to choke the bike to start it if you dont have to it usually a sign of too big of pilot.

if it idles good or ok you might try a 50-52 pilot, you should get with jeff to see what his motors like.

\Whoa....where did that come from??

I don't think it came from part failure, sounds more like user error. I've been running a noss head for 4 years and cool head for 1 year with not one single problem. Trail bike, mild ported bike, drag bike, the heads have held up to everything I throw at them

Toomeyshee, I agree with wes that you want to have to use the choke to start it, but if it concerns you, try bumping your pilot up one to a 48 and see if it helps.

Alrighty, thanks guys

Got it up and running (think there wasn't enough gas getting through it before).

Heat cycled it and took it for a ride.. once it gets hot after riding for a while and i shut it off it doesn't want to start up again without some throttle... is this a sign of a too large/small of pilot?

also torn the plugs out of it when i got it home and they're black and wet...

Thanks for anymore help

Brad

P.S I've also never had a problem with my Noss Coolhead.. (didn't even mention owning one before) I think "KaosBanshee44" was replying to the wrong thread..