ANGRY NINJA!

:wallbash: got my cylinders back from the machine shop earlier today, man, that was money flushed down the toilet!!!!!!

the jackass at the place i took them to was NOT my first choice, but more of a last resort, since my regular guy no longer has tooling to do a bore smaller than 75mm(automotive machine shop,..has done wirk for me for almost 15 years now)

now dont get me wrong, i am far and away not a master machinist, but i did do all of the cylinder and head work at a previous powersports shop i worked at, and what i got back today looks like SHIT!!!!!

the bore to skirt clearance is good, sitting solid at .003" consistently from top to bottom on both cyl's, but the damn hone finish is horrible!!!.........looks like the idiot used about a 120-180 grit stone, and the crosshatch is almost non-existant!!!....wayyyyyyy too shallow.....this thing looks like it will grind a set of rings into powder in 8-15 hours

damn, as crappy as itwas to work there, sometimes, there were advantages to the old job...... :rolleyes:

sorry for the rant.......putting away soapbox now.........

wonder if i can smooth em out enough to be useable without getting into a lotta "skirt-slap" :confused:

Sounds like you know what kind of "quality" to look for in a bore job. Why don't you take the jugs to a "professional" like "Larry Zumbrum Racing" & get it done right... Then you won't be tearing it back apart after premature wear... Good luck.

It's a BIG mushroom!!!

That's right, it is the largest mushroom I have ever found! Eleven inches high by over 4 1/2 inches diameter. My daughter was excited to hold it for me & even happier when my wife fried it & we ate it for supper later. It fed us two complete meals! Excuse me for not responding sooner.

Edited by David Keith

That's right, it is the largest mushroom I have ever found! Eleven inches high by over 4 1/2 inches diameter. My daughter was excited to hold it for me & even happier when my wife fried it & we ate it for supper later. It fed us two complete meals! Excuse me for not responding sooner.

When I lived in Montana, Me and my budies would go to burn sites and pick mushrooms for beer money.

We would get sompthing like $45 bucks for a dried pound of mushrooms. That is the biggers moreal mushroom I have ever seen. :notworthy:

Sorry for getting of subject