Crankshaft question

Would it be worth the effort when rebuilding a crank to get the bearing/rod/piston assemblies balanced?

It would only be a "static" balancing since we can not spin the crank with bob weights but every little bit helps.

Would it be worth the effort when rebuilding a crank to get the bearing/rod/piston assemblies balanced?

It would only be a "static" balancing since we can not spin the crank with bob weights but every little bit helps.

First off, a Banshee crank is a 180 degree firing twin. WTF are you going to do with bob weights?

Second of all, as long as the crank is actually true and parallel, then it's balance does not matter.

All this refers to a two cylinder Banshee engine. :geek:

Yeah, I had these guys balance and lighten the crank out of my old drag bike. They actually shaved quite a bit of weight off of it, and it ran really smooth.

Falicon Cranks Link

Shaving weight off = reasonable

Balancing = you got ripped off

Trueing and welding = sensible

FYI: Those guys are over priced and under reputed. (Which is the case for most U.S. crankshaft companies. Well, that or they, are sensibly priced and over bullshitted and under quality.)

Actually, they did a really good job, the crank came back and weighed alot less than the other hot rod crank in the shop, and the bike ran really smooth, it did not vibrate at all. Those guys are actually really well known on the snowmobile market, my old banshee crank was the first banshee crank they ever did.

Actually, they did a really good job, the crank came back and weighed alot less than the other hot rod crank in the shop, and the bike ran really smooth, it did not vibrate at all. Those guys are actually really well known on the snowmobile market, my old banshee crank was the first banshee crank they ever did.

Those guys are also known as being fairly crappy in the Spuerbike/MotoGP racing industry. :confused:

Those guys are also known as being fairly crappy in the Spuerbike/MotoGP racing industry. :confused:

i guess all that matters is that he was happy with the results they gave him...everyone talks shit about every builder who isnt there builder, the bottom line is the end result and if your happy with it and in this case he was....

i guess all that matters is that he was happy with the results they gave him...everyone talks shit about every builder who isnt there builder, the bottom line is the end result and if your happy with it and in this case he was....

This is true.

I suspect you will find that I really don't like any crankshaft company. :geek: