any one run a airbox with aftermarket carbs and intake?

I just got a set of 33pwk's and a white knuckle intake from f.a.s.t

I got it runnin but the air box is a little tight.

by a little tight i mean not even close. I am going to cut the the front mounts off the box. cut the rear mounting tabs off the frame and reweld them further back. and then i guess i will have to clearance the plastic for the new location of the coolant bottle . unless you guys got a better idea

is their a aftermarket air box that will fit better .specificall made for afteramrket carbs??????

I don't want to run clamp on k&n's (too much mud and water around ) so thats not a option

I have to keep a box

thanks again

I would like to do the same thing with my 35pwks and know its going to be fun..

Any chance you could cut some of the plastic off the front of the box where the boots attach? like 3/4 - 1"? i know there is more there than needed...

I saw a guy last weekend that was running 28's and he had an aluminum box, not sure what brand it was but it was really tiny...

I ran the stock airbox with my 35pwks. You just have to cut the ends off from the boots that connect the box to the carbs. Then stretch them over the bells and tighten them down. Also if you didn't want to cut the boots, I noticed Jim @ Passion sells the bigger boots for them.

I would like to do the same thing with my 35pwks and know its going to be fun..

Any chance you could cut some of the plastic off the front of the box where the boots attach? like 3/4 - 1"? i know there is more there than needed...

I saw a guy last weekend that was running 28's and he had an aluminum box, not sure what brand it was but it was really tiny...

Sorry guys, If I read the post a bit better I would have realized that your not having problems with the boots.. I didn't use a spacer on my set-up so I didn't have a big problem with the box being to close to the carbs. I think if you can cut some off from the front of the box it would be easier then cutting and welding the frame.

Sorry guys, If I read the post a bit better I would have realized that your not having problems with the boots.. I didn't use a spacer on my set-up so I didn't have a big problem with the box being to close to the carbs. I think if you can cut some off from the front of the box it would be easier then cutting and welding the frame.

I assume your talking about reed spacers? Did you just grind and weld the nut on the bottom of your carbs?

I was running K&N pods off my 35's and had to cut the front tabs off just to get the filters to fit in.. what a pain in the ass..

I assume your talking about reed spacers? Did you just grind and weld the nut on the bottom of your carbs?

I was running K&N pods off my 35's and had to cut the front tabs off just to get the filters to fit in.. what a pain in the ass..

yup, the nut was ground and welded on the left carb.

Edited by Fouledout420