Should I have used lock tite?

Just put my motor back together a couple days ago and was wondering if I should have used lock tite on the flywheel nut and idle gear nut. I torqued everything to spec and the manual that I used did not say to put lock tite on these ones. I just read the thread in the product reviews section on how the RS flywheel poped off and it made me think twice now that I got it all back together. What do you guys think? Should I be good to go or should I have put some lock tite on them?

I wouldnt worry about it. I took my R6 motor almost completely apart and put it back together with no loc-tite and its fine. That was this winter, ive put about 3k miles on it since then. As long as you torqued it to spec then I wouldnt worry about it.

I wouldnt worry about it. I took my R6 motor almost completely apart and put it back together with no loc-tite and its fine. That was this winter, ive put about 3k miles on it since then. As long as you torqued it to spec then I wouldnt worry about it.

Negative, role without, you are all good.

Brandon

The puller threads in left hand, but the nut threads on the crank are right hand.

yep^

I put red locker on my drive sprocket nut, flywheel nut. big clutch nut, and axle nuts. and blue on timng bolts. I use anit seize in aluminum parts to like plugs.

Damn... I guess I will be taking those nuts off and put some blue lock tite on them. Im about to buy a flywheel puller because WALLACE84 took mine off last time when we were working on it. Do I have to have a impact gun to get it back off or could I strong arm it with a socket wrench.

Damn... I guess I will be taking those nuts off and put some blue lock tite on them. Im about to buy a flywheel puller because WALLACE84 took mine off last time when we were working on it. Do I have to have a impact gun to get it back off or could I strong arm it with a socket wrench.

I usually use a impact to get the flywheel nut off... That didn't sound good did it? :blush:

I usually use a impact to get the flywheel nut off... That didn't sound good did it? :blush:

Damn this shit is killing me. When I first asked if it was ok that I dint use lock tite and the frist couple people said that I was good to go, I was like hell yea peace of mind. Just spent all this loot on the rebuild and $30 on this leak down tester $100 something on a torque wrench now I have to get a impact gun and flywheel puller too, man this is breaking my pocket. I think I will try to get a hold of a flywheel puller and torque wrench from a buddy and If I cant Im going to take my chances running it like it is now :banghead: