clutch question

ive got a dirt digger clutch from barnett.on the steel plates there is no part on it with a notched section on the outside of the ring like it shows in the clymer manual.you know what im talking about?is this a big deal?also i didnt put the cusion rings back in for some reason, but didnt notice till now when i ripped the clutch apart.would not having those cusion rings in cause massive sllipage?

On the aftermarket clutch there is no notch. All the plates are the same on the one that you got and the factory one they have notches. The rubber rings usually arent installed on the aftermarket kits. Should say in the instructions but I am pretty sure you dont put them back in.

On the aftermarket clutch there is no notch. All the plates are the same on the one that you got and the factory one they have notches. The rubber rings usually arent installed on the aftermarket kits. Should say in the instructions but I am pretty sure you dont put them back in.

what he said

My guess would be that you didn't get the adjuster screw on the pressure plate adjusted correctly. This usually needs to be adjusted when installing a new clutch. Follow the directions in the manual. This happened to me last time, and it was slipping really badly.

i think i figured out what happened.the shee has sat for about 2 and a half years before now.i drained the oil out when it was put away origanally.i filled up the case oil, well i put a little over a quart yeah i know it was low but i was just puttin around for the break in period.but after the 2 and a half years the plates were so dried out the first time i gave it some juice it just smoked the cluch plates cause they hadnt been soaked.oh well leson learned.i knew i had adjusted it perfect.its the obvious you overlook ya know.

i think i figured out what happened.the shee has sat for about 2 and a half years before now.i drained the oil out when it was put away origanally.i filled up the case oil, well i put a little over a quart yeah i know it was low but i was just puttin around for the break in period.but after the 2 and a half years the plates were so dried out the first time i gave it some juice it just smoked the cluch plates cause they hadnt been soaked.oh well leson learned.i knew i had adjusted it perfect.its the obvious you overlook ya know.

Once those plates are soaked, they are soaked. Not doubting you toasted your clutch, just not because of a lack of oil. Maybe it was just time.

Brandon

Once those plates are soaked, they are soaked. Not doubting you toasted your clutch, just not because of a lack of oil. Maybe it was just time.

Brandon

your saying that if a wet clutch sits for 2 years that the steels and fibers will remain soaked? sorry brother but thats wrong. they would maybe at best have some residue left on them but they would not remain soaked. even if he had enough tranny fluid in there while it sat it barley covers the bottom of the plates. that means that over 3/4 of the plate surface has had two years to "dry up" realizing they wont be dry like water drying up but im sure you get where im going. the poruose material that the fibers are made out of without a dought will not retain oil for that amount of time.

your saying that if a wet clutch sits for 2 years that the steels and fibers will remain soaked? sorry brother but thats wrong. they would maybe at best have some residue left on them but they would not remain soaked. even if he had enough tranny fluid in there while it sat it barley covers the bottom of the plates. that means that over 3/4 of the plate surface has had two years to "dry up" realizing they wont be dry like water drying up but im sure you get where im going. the poruose material that the fibers are made out of without a dought will not retain oil for that amount of time.

what he said