Toomey t5's installation

attention all toomey t5 owners.

im installing a set of toomey t5's onto my shee. the right side pipe is all most touching the radiator hose? seems like the pipe after getting real hot will adventually melt the hose?

does anyone else notice this or is my set f up?

thanks

I just went out to look at my banshee. The hose comes off the engine, runs between the vertical frame tube and the cylinder head, and then to the bottom of the radiator. The heat shield is torwards the front of the hose. So, I am not sure if I turned mine around, or just repositioned it. It seems like I just turned it around and then routed it so it would not chafe anywhere. I do not remember moving the heat shield like Toomey suggests in the instructions.

i just put t-5s on my bike, you need to take the radiator hose off, and put the end with the wire wrap on it closest to the motor(the wire wrap should not be taken off, just flip the hose around) make sure it does not touch the pipes when installed, but it can be close, thats what my instructions said anyways. another easy mod is to advance the timing 4 degrees, a timing plate is like 35 bucks

Edited by luv2rideaz

I finally realized that I did not have to move my hose. I removed the engine end to flush the system while the stock pipes were removed. After fitting the T5s, I was able to simply install the hose end without relocating anything. I have about 10-15 mm of clearance. Anyway, my T5 system was not hard to install. Just watch for chaffing around the whole system, especially the top of the right side expansion chamber (it has the smallest gap on my system). For those who say the memory is the first thing to go... :whistling:

i just put t-5s on my bike, you need to take the radiator hose off, and put the end with the wire wrap on it closest to the motor(the wire wrap should not be taken off, just flip the hose around) make sure it does not touch the pipes when installed, but it can be close, thats what my instructions said anyways. another easy mod is to advance the timing 4 degrees, a timing plate is like 35 bucks

thats it man, just flip that hose around with the wire wrap right behind the pipe, can be close but not touching. get a clean something to catch the coolant and you can reuse it.