Compression Tester

My neighbor?? Theres nobody within 45 miles of me. :ermm: Didnt know if there was a certian ATV one that worked better then the autozone ones or not.

The $30 autozone ones work just as well as the expensive craftsman & snapon ones do. I've had one for over 2 years now and it reads perfect. Tested it side by side with each of the fancy models listed above and it reads the same as they do every time.

- Jared

The $30 autozone ones work just as well as the expensive craftsman & snapon ones do. I've had one for over 2 years now and it reads perfect. Tested it side by side with each of the fancy models listed above and it reads the same as they do every time.

- Jared

No they dont, and the craftsman ones are way off too. I would recommend trying to track down a mac, matco, snap-on, or cornwell tester. A good Compression gauge should and will cost at least $60.00!

No they dont, and the craftsman ones are way off too. I would recommend trying to track down a mac, matco, snap-on, or cornwell tester. A good Compression gauge should and will cost at least $60.00!

That's odd, I've been using the same one for two years and it reads the exact same as the fancy-ass more expensive ones. I just tested it two weeks ago against a snapon one a guy at the shop got for his four wheeler. :thumbsup: :thanks:

Save the $30 and buy beer so you can sit around and drink beer and make fun of the guy who spent more money on the same thing. :biggrin:

Edited by BigRed350x

Yes lets laugh at the man who buys expensive tools. God knows they are all the same.

Like most things in life, you get what you pay for. Buy the best gauge you can afford.

Personally I'm a Snap On snob. Hey, Duralast may come to my service bay to pick up a busted impact and give me a loaner while the other one is being rebuilt. But I doubt it.

Yes lets laugh at the man who buys expensive tools. God knows they are all the same.

Like most things in life, you get what you pay for. Buy the best gauge you can afford.

Personally I'm a Snap On snob. Hey, Duralast may come to my service bay to pick up a busted impact and give me a loaner while the other one is being rebuilt. But I doubt it.

Some tools, yes, I will buy the expensive ones. Sorry, but a compression tester is just not one of them. For how little they are honestly used I can't justify the price of some of the "fancy" brand-name ones. If I am really all that worried about it i will go down and use the calibration equipment we use for calibrating gauges at work. Until then, I'm going to stick with my cheap-o autozone tester that reads the same fucking thing as your fancy-ass one, for probably less than half the price.

There is a reason why I own a mac tester for at home, and a matco tester for at work. Its because If I make a mistake at work, it can cost someone else money, me money, and make me look dumb. At home it can cost me money and make me look dumb, as well as ruin my weekend of riding.

Check on Ebay. I got a used Snap On compression tester for $100. Gauge looked bran new and it came with the 14mm long hose, 14mm short hose and the big threaed hose. (sorry cant remember the thread size).Tested it right beside my cheap wally world compression gauge. Wal mart one reeds about 20 to 25 psi lower than my snap on one.

Check on Ebay. I got a used Snap On compression tester for $100. Gauge looked bran new and it came with the 14mm long hose, 14mm short hose and the big threaed hose. (sorry cant remember the thread size).Tested it right beside my cheap wally world compression gauge. Wal mart one reeds about 20 to 25 psi lower than my snap on one.

troo, snap on for sure. :thumbsup:

I brought home my Matco gauge, its has the short steel threaded insert instead of having to use a hose. I gotta change my clutch tomorrow then I can run the bike and see what the matco gauge says compred to the mac unit and let you guys know.