450 kawasaki

how much that kick starter uh kit? cost and was it easy to install ?

i think it was like 300 or so i bought it off of the yamaha website. it was pretty easy to install like 3 and a half hours nothing to complicated although you do have to take the clutch out. well worth the money IMO.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's some 450's around my area. The yfz bone stock was taking out piped 450rs. It's a good bike. If i was to get one, it would be the yfz450 for sure. That's just my opinion though. Im speaking from watching them drag racing. That's a lot to do with rider and the first 15'.

Edited by RagunCajun

• 2 weeks later...

Where I ride, theres a lot of drag racing. From what I seen there, out of the box, the yfz is the quickest of the 450's (not nec the fastest). The holeshot is amazing and it responds extremely well to the 3 mods, making it even quicker and faster. I've seen piped yfz's beating modded trx's. Something that I really like about the trx is how it rides at the trails. It feels much better than the yfz and its easier on you. There are rumors on other forums that the TRX's frame tend to flex a lot and bend with normal use :down: .

There is only one kawi riding where I ride, and its slower than the trx's. I have to admit that it looks much better than I expected. It should have potential since out of the box its suposed to have more hp than any other 450.

haha yea i fixed that. LOOONG day.

Anyways, what pipes did you guys,posting who owned a yfz, run on your bikes? yoshimura?

dont go yoshi. they make good pipes but there is much better out there i personally run the looney tuned dual exhaust some say it sucks some love it but ill race any naysayer with similar mods!!! the next exhaust ill run will be a CS or an Nmotion.

Edited by RoostRocket

I have a buddy that races. He said that the 450 suz are about the fastest bikes at the track right now, but when there really boring and building the shit out of them, the fuel injection system cant feed enough gas. So they lean out on top and blow up. Kawi raves about there fuel injection system. its supposes to read more than the 450 suz and have an injection nozzel with like 10 different openings if im not mistaken. Any way you put it i wouldnt mind not having to tear apart tha carbs and rejet all the time. Not that its that huge of a deal but it does get sickening once in a while.

From atvconnection.com:

"Ok here goes. I am almost 6ft tall & about 220 the kfx is set up for what I am guessing is a smaller rider. I felt a bit cramped on it... it feels TO ME like the handlebars are a bit low & the foot pegs are a bit high. With that said, For the ride the power comes on very smooth but as some of you know that the kfx is geared low & will do well out of the hole in a drag. Or out of those corners but the top end seems a bit slow. Going threw the woops on the gas was fine but as soon as I let off, I got bounced around. I am going to mess with the shock set up next week. The seat is also a bit hard. I sure like how this thing turns the steering is just great. Running up a 60ft sand pile you can hit the top & whip it around on a dime... as for the reverse I think that it is the best set up I have ever used, a push on 1 very small lever right by the thumb throttle, grab a handful of clutch down 2 on the shift lever & ur in reverse. Well thats all I hav for now.. I think the 1st thing I am going to update is the skids, foot pegs, steering stem & seat.. "

http://forums.atvconnection.com//messagevi...MVIEWTMP=Linear