Yamalube 2R V.S Hond HP2

Honda HP2 :

-Premium synthetic base stocks with high film-strenght give maximum wear protection

-Extremely clean-burnng formula minimizes carbon deposits,extends sark plug life, and reduces maintenance

-special addictives minimize friction for cooler running, maximum power and throttle response.

Yamalube 2R

-developed to meet the requirements of 2-stroke off road and motocross competition

why is honda HP2 so mch better?

should i pick up some of that instead?

My experience is limited to the 2R...that being said, I have been happy with it. I went 3 years on the top end of my YZ250 and when I pulled it apart to freshen 'er up, I could still see the fine machine marks on the piston. Cylinder looked great as well!! NO CARBON BUILDUP in the head or ports...but there was a bit in the exhaust pipe though.

I'm using the 2R in both my YZ and 'shee and will continue to do so. In fact, I recently picked up a case of 12 quarts on (fe)eBay for $50!!

Yamalube has quite a bit of history with race teams.....

BTW: The term "synthetic" doesn't really mean synthetic (thanks Castrol!!). It just means that the petroleum base oil has been changed so much that it doesn't "resemble" the original base oil. Here is a quote from this link about oils.

http://motorcycleinfo.calsci.com/Oils1.html

"In the late 1990s, Castrol started selling an oil made from Group III base oil and called it SynTec Full Synthetic. Mobil sued Castrol, asserting that this oil was not synthetic, but simply a highly refined petroleum oil, and therefore it was false advertising to call it synthetic. In 1999, Mobil lost their lawsuit. It was decided that the word "synthetic" was a marketing term and referred to properties, not to production methods or ingredients. Castrol continues to make SynTec out of Group III base oils, that is highly purified mineral oil with most all of the impurities removed."

The above link is why I use Shell Rotella T Synthetic for everything...even the transmission for my 'shee!! Walmart $16.00 per gallon.

Jay From SanD.

Edited by jayzx750

There was a good thread on planetsand awhile ago about premix oils. I can't remember who, but somebody spent some time, and as it turns out, your best bet is to run a dino oil (non-synthetic) and run it at a rich ratio. The reason being is that the premix oil (non synthetic) burns with more energy than gasoline does. Run more premix, you end up with more power, and better lubrication. He ended up going to like 12:1 and still showing power increases. Now 12:1 is overkill, and these gains aren't anything big, but the point is don't be afraid to use oil. Trying to run crazy 100:1 ratios with full synthetics is a waste.

I use Golden Spectro (synthetic blend) at 40:1.

I've used both oils, and both will work fine in a Banshee. The HP2 is a little cleaner burning. I use HP2 in my KTM dirtbike, have had no problems with the power valve. I also like how I can easily see if the fuel is mixed with the HP2. In My Banshee I use Amsoil, been using it in my atv's for 5 years. This topic can lead to flamming, which I want no part in. I only suggest that whatever you pick, for whatever reasons (price, availability,....) just stick with it. One less issue when dealing with future problems.

I've used both oils, and both will work fine in a Banshee. The HP2 is a little cleaner burning. I use HP2 in my KTM dirtbike, have had no problems with the power valve. I also like how I can easily see if the fuel is mixed with the HP2. In My Banshee I use Amsoil, been using it in my atv's for 5 years. This topic can lead to flamming, which I want no part in. I only suggest that whatever you pick, for whatever reasons (price, availability,....) just stick with it. One less issue when dealing with future problems.

sorry to ask but what kind of amsoil at what ratio?

thanks for pointing that out so please no flaming

im limited to oils here in canada nd dont have time to order oils from places so i am very interested in what all oils to see if i have access to them

thanks