Grand River Racing Billet Second Gear

kelly20

anyone have any experiance with thier billet second gear they sell ? are they easy to install? anyone have a price for one or a website I can visit.

when I throw my bike in second and go about half throttle the bike lunges forward and then cuts out. I am thinking I pulled some teeth off second. we will c this weekend when I tear her down.

thanks

i have not ran one ... but really fast... what kind of motor are you running? unless you got a monster chances are your 2nd gear is fine... yes it is possible to fuk it up launching hard but normally a pretty well modded motor wont do it... you are pulling some big numbers for this to happen..

running a heavily ported long rod w/ blaster pistons. carbs cool head 17cc domes.

I run up some steep coal banks that get technical and shit so I need to clucht the shit out of it. sometimes with no runner from the bottom I missed 2nd heard some nasty noises. I have it geared with a 15 in the front so I can pull super swamper tires in 2nd from a dead stop on the hills.

Ill let u know what it is this weekend. going to see if i can get away with another hone job, rings, more porting, and case match the porting. local guy here seems to be pretty good. advanded maching in PA. previous port work Long rod kit was done by ohton racing in arizona.

u know anyone who has used it?

i think all the billet 2nd gears are made by the same company, you can have a stock bike screw up 2nd gear.. it would just depend on the gears themselves..

generally speaking a stock bike will not eat yours second gear unless something is broken or out of line... a clean running bike thats modded goes pretty much hand and hand with that... they simply do not have the power to chew the gears off.. only way that gear is getting f'ed is because of something breaking or bad maintnance and rider abuse...

it only does it in 2nd gear correct? if so its very likley its trashed... maybe putting a full load on it and slamming in 2nd to rip out of those holes finally took its toll on it...

Edit:just curiouse what kind of tranny oil you using and how much?

Edited by Bansh-eman

generally speaking a stock bike will not eat yours second gear unless something is broken or out of line... a clean running bike thats modded goes pretty much hand and hand with that... they simply do not have the power to chew the gears off.. only way that gear is getting f'ed is because of something breaking or bad maintnance and rider abuse...

thats pretty much what i was meaning when i said something else wrong with the gears..

the billet 2nd gears that are being made are all be manufactured by the same company so it really doesnt matter where you get one from if you do decide to pick one up..

yeh i beat the shit out of her but she likes it most of the time.

i changed the tranny fluid today and there was no metal pieces or shavings in it. Maybe i bent that fork that slides the gears togetther and it keeps popping out, it feels like i hit neutral.

we shall see this weekend

yeh i beat the shit out of her but she likes it most of the time.

i changed the tranny fluid today and there was no metal pieces or shavings in it. Maybe i bent that fork that slides the gears togetther and it keeps popping out, it feels like i hit neutral.

we shall see this weekend

its possible... if you say theres no metal in the oil then that would be my next guess..

while you have the cases split checking out your shift forks, check the shift drum between the two gears that your having trouble getting into, also check to see that your shift shaft is within adjustment..

with the drum check the slide grooves for any knicks along the sidewalls..

the billet 2nd gears that are being made are all be manufactured by the same company so it really doesnt matter where you get one from if you do decide to pick one up..

This would be a false statement....The GRR gear is not made where the other gears are made. I can most likely get the GRR gear if someone were to want one.