New to Banshee's......

I've been trading for the last 1 1/2 for different cars, bikes, trucks. Recently I had got to the point where I had 4 cars and nothing to do with them all. So, I decided to trade one of for a quad. I traded for a 2004 Banshee. I've riden quads before, I've owned a Honda 250R, and a 400EX. I never had a Banshee..........basically I'm looking for a little direction from some of the people on here that have a few of them and know what mods worth it and which ones are not. Here are my questions, be honest........

Here is what my Banshee has now(all this was installed when I got it)

-Chrome Toomey T6's

-re-jetted

-K&N air filter

-DG nerf bars

Here are the questions I have for you Banshee Vet's........

-What would be the best mods to do first?

-Is is worth it to Mill the head or just buy aftermarket head?

-What are the top 5 mods to get it going the fastest and cheapest?

-What do you mix the gas at(I know it's different on different models)?

-What are the things I should look for, change possibly?

port- 300

reeds- 350

pod filters- 80

head- 300

timing plate- 30-100 depending on weather u get billet or not

carbs- id get these used.. theyre a little pricy- used- 250 new - 350-500

now more importantly.. cause stock banshee suspension is SHIT, u need aftermarket suspension. Thats where the money is gonna kill you. Its anywhere from 800- 2000 dollars to upgrade your suspension.. depnding on brand and weather or not u got them used and the model. U neeeeed to upgrade this or ull be bouncing around so bad itll ruin your fun. And itll be uncontrolable. those are the non-extreme upgrades to a banshee... relatvely cheap if u have a job... depending on where you live id either get a dune port for dunes and wide open, or a trail port for trails n such. ( dune is better IMO) as for loooking on your banshee for change, if you dont get aftermarket carbs, U gotta remove the TORS system. Do a search for it. It may already be removed. The tors is the little gray box with the idle adjustment that sits on top of your carbs.

Edited by chris1992

-Shave head-50$

-Timing plate set at +4-35$

-Reeds(I like Vforces)-200$

-Porting-300-500$

-Play with your gearing-40-50$

Those are all the mods you should start with.Then go on to your suspension.Then get carbs.Ill tell you one thing prepare for a MAJOR ADDICTION. :banghead: .Its a frustration to me.All my family think Im sick in the head.Im going crazy because I need to start all over again due to my stupidity in school and borrowing money from my dad.Lot of it too.I think a coolhead is pointless unless you wanna run av gas or race gas.

Edited by 06BaNsHeE

Just so everyone knows.....I live about 1 1/2 hours from Silver Lake Sand Dunes, MI. I plan on taking it there most of the time, and doing some trail riding. Thats what it will be mainly used for. I believe TORS is still there, the quad hasn't been played with to much, it stil has stock tires(which still have nubbies on them). So, I can't imagine that its been ridden too much.

-Shave head-50$

-Timing plate set at +4-35$

-Reeds(I like Vforces)-200$

-Porting-300-500$

-Play with your gearing-40-50$

Those are all the mods you should start with.Then go on to your suspension.Then get carbs.Ill tell you one thing prepare for a MAJOR ADDICTION. :banghead: .Its a frustration to me.All my family think Im sick in the head.Im going crazy because I need to start all over again due to my stupidity in school and borrowing money from my dad.Lot of it too.I think a coolhead is pointless unless you wanna run av gas or race gas.

what he said,also get you some nice paddles,i say some 9 paddle super lights on 8 in rim,blue lavel