KFX450R or an LT450R

Whitey

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't overlook the TRX450r, get a $700 shock revalve and respring/linkage from GT Thunder and it will outhandle the rest (it also retails for less). It's the most reliable and also has a bunch of titles since it's been released. YFZ's are nice, but I like the ergonomics on the Honda. LTR has also had some frame trouble, there have also been problems with the rear linkage breaking loose from the frame. If you race harescrambles plan on buying tires right off the bat...the LTR has 20" fronts and 18" rears.

Don't overlook the TRX450r, get a $700 shock revalve and respring/linkage from GT Thunder and it will outhandle the rest (it also retails for less). It's the most reliable and also has a bunch of titles since it's been released. YFZ's are nice, but I like the ergonomics on the Honda. LTR has also had some frame trouble, there have also been problems with the rear linkage breaking loose from the frame. If you race harescrambles plan on buying tires right off the bat...the LTR has 20" fronts and 18" rears.

I considered the TRX and I wasn't really impressed with it. As for the rims, I was going to get beadlocks right away because I collapse alot of rims.

I can see advantages and disadvantages of all the 450s. The YFZ is a ready to go track ready race bike. It rides harsh in the dunes, but makes up for that with plenty of power. The Honda 450 seems opposite of that to me. Great ride, not near the power of the YFZ. The LTR and KFX are track ready, but I would say a little more user friendly when it comes to tuning. It takes a matter of seconds to re-map the EFI vs. a little patience changing jets. The drawback of the LTR for me is the IRS, im not a huge fan of that on a sport quad. As for the KFX ive yet to see one run, just heard so only time will tell if it is worth a crap. I think they are all good bikes, they are all just aimed at different crowds and there should be 1 that would work for you out of the four.

QUOTE(theshee @ Apr 30 2007, 09:33 AM) *

The drawback of the LTR for me is the IRS, im not a huge fan of that on a sport quad.

UHHH...wtf

LT-R does NOT have IRS.

LT-R is probably the slower of the 4 when COMPLETELY stock, All you have to do to take it up to and past the other 3 is install a $40 Cherrybomb ( which i have and is easy to install) take off your airbox lid, and remove your sparky. It will rip pretty hard. Also a 13T sprocket in the front I would recommend for duning with tall paddles (ex. my 20/10/10 8 paddle haulers) Right now I have a DASA exhaust it has been dyno proven to put out more ponies on the mid - top range than yoshi and HMF Visit LTR450HQ.COM for ALL the information you will ever need on the LT-R. I Guarantee the LT-R will be the best buy ( have ridden both yfz and trx, have yet to ride kfx) Sure the KFX has an aluminum chassis, but even with that it weighs in to about the same as an LT-R, If you dont want to spend 2k on a new front end the LT-R will do you good, shit i sound like a salesmen. Oh well. The A-Arms are alot thicker than the YFZ, TRX and KFX. The suspension blows them all out of the water aswell. IMO YFZ450's are over priced. the SE edition is like $200 less than the LT-R . You get a better bang for your buck with the suzuki.

P4133195.jpg

P4133188.jpg

P4133204.jpg

P4133204.jpg

P4133199.jpg

P4133207.jpg

th_P4133193.jpg

OK Im done now lol.

i was just liek you searching for a 450

opted for another yfz decided nah im going to give it a chance

the rear linkage problems on suspension was from a tach weld rather then full weld around the bolt area. they fixed that in 07 models.

the case cracking is casued from yeah high performance parts. but the problem stemed from the material possibly used to fix the shift pin problem. although it has been stated by builders that unless you plan to fully build the bike and use hi compression cams and pistons you would be fine with minor so semi major ad ons..

i am in favor of efi.. reason is that with efi the throttle response is faster and the power is there throughout .. i put a cherry bomb on and thats it and this bike screams past piped and filtered yfz's.. as for the persons bro who raced their yfz against the ltr.. :blink: odd to me.. maybe the ltr guy doesnt know his bike

Ah.. my mistake, I though I read somewhere it was IRS... Honest miskate, sorry about that, wasnt really trying to give bad info. So... uhhh wtf yourself, dont have to be a fuckstick about things, I wasnt being an ass in my post.

The Honda 450 seems opposite of that to me. Great ride, not near the power of the YFZ.

TRX450R is in red, YFZ450 is in blue...this is from GT Thunder, Bill Balance's builder and very reputable in the ATV industry. I think there are alot of misconceptions about the TRX450R and it's power.

trx450rdynospeed-650x487.jpg

trx450dynotorque-650x487.jpg

F' the LT-R and the TRX. they both suck. take the 4 poke BS'ing to a 4 poke site. unfortunetaly for the LT-R it's a suckzuki, it will fall apart eventually. as far as the TRX is concerned.......... well i can't bag on it too much, because it has a honda engine. but, none the less, this is a 2 stroke site.

my cherry bomb is better than your glass pack.........my fart bomb exhaust is louder than your fag attracting rice burner. who cares?????? they're loud annoying 4 strokes. argue on a 4 poke site.