4mm or 10mm

I was going to build a 7mm stock cylinder but then I just went with a cub.I spent around 3500.I ONLY went with the cub because my builder says cubs are more reliable.Oh yeah im going to be trail riding it too.He says cubs run alot cooler becuase they hold more water?????Dont know how true that is I dont know much bout cubs.But he trail rides his big cubs all day long.NO tight stuff everything is wide-open

thats what i want.. reliability.. power.. multiuse.and i do all wide open..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats what i want.. reliability.. power.. multiuse.and i do all wide open..

Then have fun with your cub.Lol I rode today with a 14mm cub with STOCK swingarm.That was a scary ride.Guy launched hard of 3 gear on paveement.I loved it tho.I hope my ride is going to be as fun as his.(7mm cub on stock swinger)Wheelie time.

if your going to go 7mm then you should go 10mm. Its the same price for 3mm more........

Except for the fact that the Cub uses Stock Reeds which are not designed to handle that much flow and will have a higher failure rate. I have talked to some people with 10 mil cubs and they wish they had gone with full cheatas because they would go through a set of V-force reeds every trip. Maybe differnet reeds would work better but the fact remains that the stock size reeds are not really made to flow that much...Which is why I would pick a 7 over a 10, also because I don't need te extra power of the 10 mil and it would make riding more difficult and painful with the ass end sticking out that far...

4 mil cub or mil supercub for me this summer...

14mm cub? Does such a thing exist?

I'm hoping to keep my +2 with the 4 mil but likely i will need a +4...

7 Mil Cub + stock swinger = the lose.

Edited by Justintoxicated

a 14 mil cub on a stock swinger?

What an utter and total waste of a motor. that isn't even a sleeper, unless you have another rider of 200lbs sit on the bumper....

Yes, they make 14 mil cubs.

Good luck with a +2 or +4 on a good running 4 mil cub, even on gas.

My 4 mil was a handful with a 6 over, Justin...and that was stock tranny and clutch on gas....

a 14 mil cub on a stock swinger?

What an utter and total waste of a motor. that isn't even a sleeper, unless you have another rider of 200lbs sit on the bumper....

Yes, they make 14 mil cubs.

I am guessing that I will be seeing a 10 mil cub cylinder block and crank or a stock or +4 swingarm fo sale real soon.

Nope...

I'm going to sell my chrome aero tube metal tech arm for a -2....

LOL...

I've never heard of reeds not lasting due to a large motor.

I have heard of reeds (coated carbon fiber) not lasting as long due to alky run through them....