best std susp settings?

BeemerGee

I must have my suspension settings wrong, i have it still factory adjusted and went out on mx track today and almost came off my bike on every jump, the rear shock bottoms out when i land and when i go over the little bumps, my body goes through hell, bike bouncing all over the show. What would be the best settings for my std suspension..???? please help :)

I don't think your front OEM shocks can handle MX there is someone on here who said he took one lap and bent them mine bent (but mine was compressed in a collision) you have full adjustment on your rear shock if you bottom out tighten her up a little and ride again and repeat I was told that your settings are very rider specific and to make small adjustments ride it and repeat until you get want you want but if you are going to be hitting big jumps alot you might as well buy new front shocks

The stock suspension is garbage no matter what you set it at. It is a good design with poor quality. Invest in aftermarket suspension if you plan on stay with mx. You WILL hurt yourself if you dont. Ask me how I know......

the cheapest : yfz shocks

best value : WORKS shocks (start at about 350 a set)

bast performance ; elka (start at about 450 a set)

this is excluding a-arms, which you should get when getting new shocks

cheapest : yfz a arms

sort of cheap (quality may be an issue here) : ASR/Fullflight off ebay (start at around 300 a set)

better : Quicksand, Wicked (start at around 400)

best : roll design, and everything else above 1k

you will prolly also want some longer brake lines ~ 50 bucks..

you could also look into one of those package sets with like a arms, brake lines, and elkas for 750-1000

if i was going to race i would defiantly invest in a good a-arm/shock combo....

Stock suspension is literaly DANGEROUS on an MX track. The rear shock has preload that you can stiffen up but your still gonna bottom out and eat the track.

If you want to do any MX You NEED to upgrade. You can look into the Options everyone listed Above.

Lonestar Rec A-Arms and standerd Elka e36s that you can upgrade to Piggyback later on if you want to go that way will run you about $1000 from us. And they will definatly be valved correctly. I advise against ordering shocks, any kind of shocks, from a pull down screen. Plus we are very hard to beat price wise. Look around on this board and look up my user name and Buchanan Racing. We have alot of satisfied customers and we sell Alot of everything else too. Definatly a one stop shop. Our website is comming soon.

We also sell Works shocks and they are a little less And Custom Axis and they are more than Both

If you are working on a very limited budget you can upgrade to the YFZ setup witch will help some. You will be able to ride faster and practice harder till your ready to start competeing. but if your gonna push the Banshee to any kind of Limit Now. You need to think about aftermarket shocks and A-Arms.

PM or E Mail me if you would like to go over options.

Collins.Neil.A@Verizon.Net