You guys better want braided lines....

CFM

Located all the materials, looks like $85 for all 3.

That's Steel braided line with a clear jacket, and two seperate lines for the front. Anything over +6 for the rear would be $5 more.

I'm almost second guessing it, the minumum orders and machine prices are WAY high, I'd have to sell the crap out of them...

Located all the materials, looks like $85 for all 3.

That's Steel braided line with a clear jacket, and two seperate lines for the front. Anything over +6 for the rear would be $5 more.

I'm almost second guessing it, the minumum orders and machine prices are WAY high, I'd have to sell the crap out of them...

I dont think youll have a problem between here and Ebay, ill buy a set soon.....I like the idea of 2 front lines, very cool

Cause I'm buying a brake line crimping machine and hose/fittings and it's costing me an arm and a leg.....

Gonna take me a month or so to save enough for the machine.

ATV's Bikes, dirtbikes, etc. You get the picture..

Been thinking about it for a while now and decided to just go ahead and fork over the cash..

What would be a good price for all 3 lines??

I suppose you know you can buy a press setup from vendors such as Earl's or Parker for a fairly reasonable price. I think you cna even choose between hydraulic, mechanical, or manual power sources.

I suppose you know you can buy a press setup from vendors such as Earl's or Parker for a fairly reasonable price. I think you cna even choose between hydraulic, mechanical, or manual power sources.

Yes, I have located a press, Manual is deff. out, Air is also out biengs that my compressor is in storage 400 miles away, so that leaves the electric model.. Going to go with Weatherhead. -3 line requires special tooling also.

The problem is the materials. Those banjo's are hell to find, and the company I found wants a very large initial order to get any type of discount. Same with the hose... I refuse to send my buisness to China, so that just drives the cost up even further.

Looking at a 6k investment even before one hose is produced, and right now that's alot of coin to me..

Say I get $20 profit per set after Paypal and shipping, that means over 300 sets before I even see a dime.

Edited by CFM

Yes, I have located a press, Manual is deff. out, Air is also out biengs that my compressor is in storage 400 miles away, so that leaves the electric model.. Going to go with Weatherhead. -3 line requires special tooling also.

The problem is the materials. Those banjo's are hell to find, and the company I found wants a very large initial order to get any type of discount. Same with the hose... I refuse to send my buisness to China, so that just drives the cost up even further.

Looking at a 6k investment even before one hose is produced, and right now that's alot of coin to me..

Say I get $20 profit per set after Paypal and shipping, that means over 300 sets before I even see a dime.

There is an electric over hydraulic model out there as well. I am not sure what that one costs though. Slapping one together yourself is porbably fairly easy and cheap though.

Staying away from the Chinese stuff is a good thing. You would probably need to assume that half of your order of Chinese fittings would be defective scrap that you would never be able to recoup.

IMO $6k is high you should be able to slap something together for $3k. If you have access to an MSC catalog, a Carr Lane, catalog, a Parker dealer, and some basic hand tools I would bet I could help you get that cost down.

I may know someone you cav talk to at Earl's (actually part of the Edelbrock facility in Torrance, CA) or Parker if you need a hand getting fittings and lines supplied to you reasonably.

I'd personally like to see the single into double with the T like Galfer does. The dual lines just makes too much to pass around the bars and shroud. Also it provides a cleaner look with less clutter. Performance between the two styles I doubt could be measured.

I'd personally like to see the single into double with the T like Galfer does. The dual lines just makes too much to pass around the bars and shroud. Also it provides a cleaner look with less clutter. Performance between the two styles I doubt could be measured.

Exactly !! Brad knows what hes talkin about. I had the dual line setup and I didnt like it for the same reasons and I also figured there prolly wasnt any performance difference. I'd buy the T-style. Choice is nice tho, offer both styles.

The dual line systems are bullshit. They look like a hardware store, slap togther job. I am sure there may even be a disadvantage with regard to brake feel with them, however slight. If some one was really a thinking person, they might find that crimp t-fittings are readily available and probably wind up being cheaper to manufacture than the dual line setups in the long run.

I have had several Galfer lines and they have all been top notch.

6k was adding everything together, machine, materials, fittings, min order etc...

I may take you up on that.... Got the MSC book 2 feet away, was looking at it today..

Thanks, Scott

If you were adding setup labor into that then $6k is totally reasonable.

I just saw some of my HR paperwork today on it's way to Germany, and I see that my time has burdened accounting value of about $600/hour. I suppose I really shouldn't complain the next time I have to take unpaid time off and lose my $46/hour + OT pre-tax salary for the time I'm out. :confused: