lock up pics needed please anyone?......

So...

You'd just rather steal measurements off a patented design?

Nice...

not at all,anyway u think that the lockup was invented for the banshee?? aint no patent on it.all i needed was close up pics to see exactly how it was workin.stop bein so mardy :down: lol.

I withdraw my offer to help you based on that. Good luck figuring it out. They're not as easy to make as they look. :down:

I withdraw my offer to help you based on that. Good luck figuring it out. They're not as easy to make as they look. :down:

all right tiger,pick up yor teddy. if anyboy else can be bothered to give me a very ultra close up pic of the moving parts of alockup clutch i would be very thanfull. god allmighty whats wrong with wanting to make my own lockup? dont question my ability to sort it,im a mechanic professionaly and have never ever paid someone else to work on my shee,apart from cylinders and crank.bye.

Well that's a snotty attitude to havestreet, but FWIW, you can copy any patent you want, provided you do not benefit financially from it. You can't sell it. But, you can use it. I have several machine designs in use and working that are not patented, so that noone can even copy it.

Well that's a snotty attitude to havestreet, but FWIW, you can copy any patent you want, provided you do not benefit financially from it. You can't sell it. But, you can use it. I have several machine designs in use and working that are not patented, so that noone can even copy it.

and his withdrawl of the offer to help isnt? were suppost to help eachother if we can,thats the whole point of forums isnt it? thankyou boonman,i just want the satisfaction of sayin,"yeh i made that" ,and im happy.

Its not too smart to come over here and take a shot at dajogejr and firehead. Those two guys are pretty well known and respected over here. Good luck to you finding the stuff you need, you have just lost a lot of respect on this site for sure. :confused:

You can copy any patent you want, provided you do not benefit financially from it. You can't sell it. But, you can use it. I have several machine designs in use and working that are not patented, so that noone can even copy it.

That is the way most of the corporate racing entities operate (the folks that don't sell stuff to the public). If you took the time to patent anything, you are almost guaranteed to have someone else using your idea before you even get the design into a vehicle. Beyond that, any racing related patents out there have been done due to some ambitous person figuring they can make money off it at a later date. The other fun thing is that by the time you would ever get a patent for a racing component, the patented design would probably be atleast three generatikons of parts old and/or already have had the race classs governing body move to write rules against it. :ermm:

Its not too smart to come over here and take a shot at dajogejr and firehead. Those two guys are pretty well known and respected over here. Good luck to you finding the stuff you need, you have just lost a lot of respect on this site for sure. :confused:

can u see how pointless this conservation is? for fsake i only wanted a pic.im out a here.............

u guys are being fucking girls he doesnt want to buy one! he wants to make a similar one! whats the problem?! no one wants to help just put in there .02 cents cuz they dont have any pics, dude sumtimes this place is useless for technical stuff like this id go on PS with this topic

u guys are being fucking girls he doesnt want to buy one! he wants to make a similar one! whats the problem?! no one wants to help just put in there .02 cents cuz they dont have any pics, dude sumtimes this place is useless for technical stuff like this id go on PS with this topic

respect fasterthanu90,period.. :cool:

I never really cared about the reason he wanted to make one. I frequently borr ideas from other for the stuff I make, but I certainly don't directly copy anything, nor do I make money off of it (I think it may actually wind up costing me more than buying the parts most of the time, but it's alot more fun).

The only reason I gave the guy the digital finger is that he was a twat to Dave for absolutely no reason. :confused:

im not here argue but i am gona state a point for streetshee as he seems like a cool guy sick street legal banshee from england and shit he wants to get sum simple measurments so he can get sum ideas for a homeade lockup witch id love to see, hes didnt state hes gonna sell steal ideas for profit WTF!/?QUOTE(dajogejr @ Apr 14 2007, 03:18 AM) post_snapback.gif

So...

Nice...

So...

Nice...

not at all,anyway u think that the lockup was invented for the banshee?? aint no patent on it.all i needed was close up pics to see exactly how it was workin.stop bein so mardy :down: lol.

you mean this post? well i interpreted it as him saying sort of"stealing patented design,nice one dick head" if you know what i mean,if he didnt mean it sarcasticly then i appolagise,other than that,my trigers on safety.