Put her in gear, let the clutch out, but my shee doesnt move!

johnp

Dudes, this sucks, I start my shee, click her in gear, let out the clutch, gun the trottle and.....I STAY IN THE SAME FRIGGIN SPOT. My shee doesn't move. Yes, the chain is connected. Is my gear box toast? do I need to adjust the clutch? do I need to adjust the shift mechanism?

I pulled the clutch cover off and discovered grim, grit and slim debris from the fiber plates. It was all packed on the basket inbetween the fingers.

Oh, WHAT WAS YAMAHA THINKING!! O-rings between the fiber discs? What the hell are those orings for?

You think my clutch was just dirty and not engaging?

is this the first time youve rode it? did it sit for a really long time? mine slips alot when I dont ride for a few days until its warmed up, but its possible you just need to adjust. When the lever is pulled all the way in, the shift arm on top the case near the end should be arrow to arrow and when out it should almost touch the case.

is this the first time youve rode it? did it sit for a really long time? mine slips alot when I dont ride for a few days until its warmed up, but its possible you just need to adjust. When the lever is pulled all the way in, the shift arm on top the case near the end should be arrow to arrow and when out it should almost touch the case.

That doesn't sound right to me. The arrows should line up without pulling the clutch.

with the clutch perch adjustment all the way in (loose) the arrows should line up only when you push on the lever (towards the middle of the motor) and the lever stops. the only way to adjust this is to pull the clutch cover and adjust the screw in the middle of the clutch assembly.

if there was that much dirt and grime in there, i'd say you're in for a new clutch and maybe some clutch components. are you sure there wasn't antifreeze or water leaking in from the impeller or something. antifreeze will slowly destroy your fibers. you don't want to replace everything and have the same problem again.

and those rubber rings between the plates are basically to cut down on clutch 'chatter'. they are not needed with most aftermarket clutch kits.

Edited by MILO