works shock springs

yamaha04

hey guys just talked to this shane guy on the phone thats suspose to by the shock guy on here his # is in squishs signature. anyway he said that to get the works setup for my weight i would have the change the springs. the shocks im getting are set up for a 220lbs rider and im 145lbs. i asked him about revavling and he said that on the works shocks you change the springs to get the different weight. so if this is true i should be able to change them myself. just need to know where to get the srpings. everytime i call works and leave a message with the tech he never gets back to me so i would rather not get them there. im just kinda lost now so any healp would be good. shane also said i would probably be better of buying new. really dont want to do that. if anyone could giv me some info places that are cheap where there located phone#'s or websites that would be great.

When i was trying to get info from them, I found it better to email than call. Like you said they never did call me back. But they did email me back. Of course it was never exactly what I was asking about. i think there customer service isn't very good. So I used cascade to have my shock sent off and was cheaper. Go figure :blink:

I bought new works front shocks and had my rear shock rebuilt by works though HVC cycle in Lincoln, NE.(hvccycle.com) He was ok to deal with. Works actually messed up my rear shock and had to send it back to them to redo it. They jammed the compression knob and it wouldn't turn, but they did fix it for free.

• 2 weeks later...
hey guys just talked to this shane guy on the phone thats suspose to by the shock guy on here his # is in squishs signature. anyway he said that to get the works setup for my weight i would have the change the springs. the shocks im getting are set up for a 220lbs rider and im 145lbs. i asked him about revavling and he said that on the works shocks you change the springs to get the different weight. so if this is true i should be able to change them myself. just need to know where to get the srpings. everytime i call works and leave a message with the tech he never gets back to me so i would rather not get them there. im just kinda lost now so any healp would be good. shane also said i would probably be better of buying new. really dont want to do that. if anyone could giv me some info places that are cheap where there located phone#'s or websites that would be great.

Maybe you can trade springs with the other poster (heading: Works Dual W/rezzi's, too soft HELP) that says his Works Shock springs are too soft...could be a win-win for the both of you!!

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=76856