Breather hose

Sorry for this--I've checked past threads about this but still don't understand.I just got my clutch lockout case and it doesn't have the hole you put the breather hose in nor the brass nipple it goes on.Do I just put my case on and run the hose up somewhere or take the "t" off???Kinda confussed what to do.Another thing is what's the best way to put the new seal&bearing in....dont want to mess anything up.Thanx

Sorry for this--I've checked past threads about this but still don't understand.I just got my clutch lockout case and it doesn't have the hole you put the breather hose in nor the brass nipple it goes on.Do I just put my case on and run the hose up somewhere or take the "t" off???Kinda confussed what to do.Another thing is what's the best way to put the new seal&bearing in....dont want to mess anything up.Thanx

Are you talking about the breather nipple that is supposed to be below the water pump? If you bought one of the new die cast covers from Direct Drive it will not have that nipple because you don't need it.

As for the bearing and seal install, you should find a socket wrench that is roughly the same o.d. as the bearing and seal and drive the two parts home by tapping on the socket while it is contacting the seal and then the bearing. :thumbsup:

Are you talking about the breather nipple that is supposed to be below the water pump? If you bought one of the new die cast covers from Direct Drive it will not have that nipple because you don't need it.

As for the bearing and seal install, you should find a socket wrench that is roughly the same o.d. as the bearing and seal and drive the two parts home by tapping on the socket while it is contacting the seal and then the bearing. :thumbsup:

Yes, o,k, so what to do with the hose that went to it?Thanx for the info on the seal and bearing.It is the Direct Drive one....it's nice other than they should allready have new seals and bearing for what you pay..

Yes, o,k, so what to do with the hose that went to it?Thanx for the info on the seal and bearing.It is the Direct Drive one....it's nice other than they should allready have new seals and bearing for what you pay..

The hose that went to it should wind up at a T fitting somewhere mid-motor. Remove the hose and the T fitting and replace the other line that connected to the T fitting with a longer hose that runs from the rear case vent down to the ground.

Direct Drive usually gives you a deal on all the ancillary Yamaha OEM parts if you buy them when you buy their cover. They have all the seals, bearing, and such in stock at their facility. :thumbsup:

The hose that went to it should wind up at a T fitting somewhere mid-motor. Remove the hose and the T fitting and replace the other line that connected to the T fitting with a longer hose that runs from the rear case vent down to the ground.

Direct Drive usually gives you a deal on all the ancillary Yamaha OEM parts if you buy them when you buy their cover. They have all the seals, bearing, and such in stock at their facility. :thumbsup:

O.K..I understand now,As allways I appreciate all the help---How did people ever do without BHQ back in the day.LOL

How did people ever do without BHQ back in the day.LOL

the old schoolers learned the hard way. remember, always respect your elders.

to add to what firehead said about the bearing and seal install..... make sure you are using a stable platform and use blocks of wood to prop up the cover so that it is some what level and stable. the seal and bearing will go in pretty tight so you need to make sure that you are driving them in the cover as evenly as possible. that's why it's important to have a stable platform so it doesn't rock around. and a little bit of grease or oil will help as well.

to add to what firehead said about the bearing and seal install..... make sure you are using a stable platform and use blocks of wood to prop up the cover so that it is some what level and stable. the seal and bearing will go in pretty tight so you need to make sure that you are driving them in the cover as evenly as possible. that's why it's important to have a stable platform so it doesn't rock around. and a little bit of grease or oil will help as well.

It's good that you said that. I sometimes forget that details I pass off as being obvious probably need to be specifically talked about on here. :thanks:

It's good that you said that. I sometimes forget that details I pass off as being obvious probably need to be specifically talked about on here. :thanks:

i know that you knew that, it's tough to be 100% specific all of the time. i wasn't sure if he knew that, i would hate for him to ruin a new cover. another thing that i forgot to add earlier was to make sure that one of the wooden blocks is directly underneath the water pump area where you will be tapping the seal and bearing in. i put one under there and another under the area where the kick starter seal is, not under the clutch basket area.

i know that you knew that, it's tough to be 100% specific all of the time. i wasn't sure if he knew that, i would hate for him to ruin a new cover. another thing that i forgot to add earlier was to make sure that one of the wooden blocks is directly underneath the water pump area where you will be tapping the seal and bearing in. i put one under there and another under the area where the kick starter seal is, not under the clutch basket area.

After I read your first post I started picturing someone doing exactly what I said, but with out properly supporting the cover. Soon after I pictured the cover shooting across the cement garage floor with the water pump bearing in sideways. :unsure: