+4 swinger

chris1992

ok.. my cub motor is ni the mail and on its way here so i wanted to get a +4 swinger... for those who own them.. how do they do on trails?? and what about jumps? i do 75% that and i wanted to know how it did and if i should only get a +2.

id get it from here ( theyre real thick and look sturdy)

http://webforce.nwrain.net/founder/cascade...ORE_DEPT_ID=166

every now and then i drag my friends but its all fun nothing real serious.

let me ask you this.... you got a cub? what size? and why a cub for trails?

you are trying to ride a drag motor in trails... doesnt make sence... but none the less. if your running a 421 cub your a fool to try and control it with a +4 much less a +2 .... that thing will get away from you like crazy... im guessing you got a stock stroke cub?

yep dude finally ordered one. =) yea got a 392 cub stock stroke. the trails i ride and the way i ride i want more power. i rode my buddys 392 cub and it was exactly what i wanted for the trails so based on riding it, i bought one. its in teh mail

Edited by chris1992

yep dude finally ordered one. =) yea got a 392 cub stock stroke. the trails i ride i need much more power. i rode my buddys 392 cub and it was exactly what i wanted for the trails so based on riding it, i bought one. its in teh mail

eekkk you are going to be working your self over trying to control that thing with a +2 ..... id go +4 minumim.... you only ride trails? never dunes?

i sold my +4 and went +6 for my 421... and even then it still is going to be a handful if you try to luanch hard in first....

+4 eh? well im trying to get more feedback on how +4's do on trails.. and yea i live in az so i go to dunes every now and then. i only got one dude relpy and he said it sucked ass. i wanted to go +4 cause thats what i was told would be minimum. but if it sucks...

70% trails

20% drag

10% dunes

hes crazy to say it sucks... metricmaster please explain why it sucks.... the work your going to put into controling that fukin motor with a +2 is going to ruin your ride... it wont even be fun... id say +4 if your doing 70% trails... if you did dunes more id go even longer, by no means less then 4... you can still jump with a +4 as long as your looking at like mx jumps... i jumped my +4 at the dunes fine but like i said nothing like mx style jumps...

ok thank u for the feed back ill go with the +4 then. btw.. im gonna get this one.. its thick, for mx, chrome, and made of chromely steel.. little pricy though. but price ait bad for quality

http://webforce.nwrain.net/founder/cascade...ORE_DEPT_ID=166

edit- nvm dur its at the top O.o

A +4" arm on a Banshee that makes some decent power is going to beat the crap out of you on the trails. Although when I hear trails, I think of the Naches Trail in WA or the trails out by Goldbar, WA. If there is an sort of big ruts, roots or rocks in the trail that you can't maneuver around around easily, I am not sure you can imagine what it take to move a Cub motor with a longer swingarm through that type of stuff. Between the diminished turning radius, the reduced traction, the less consistant ride, and all of the clutch work required you will not be having a good time within the first 30 minutes of your ride. I don't care how good of rider you are or how in shape you are, you will get physically hammered. I know from experience, as a Banshee like what it sounds like you are building, was what I got to borrow this past July when I went riding with one of my buddies up in WA. I am a pretty strong guy, a pretty good rider, and have a fairly high tolerance to bad driving experiences, but by the time we had made it past the point where the Pacfic Crest Trail crosses the Naches trail I was tired, pissed off (because I couldn't keep up with my buddy's inexperienced girlfriend on a Warrior), and the bike was really hot. On the other hand, some people on hear think fire roads are trails, in which case you won't have any problems.

Obviously you can do whatever you want, but I think it would be wise to listen to one of us that is telling you to do something different. :confused:

nah the trails in az are pretty much flat minus some rocks.. i know what kind of trails ur thinking of and we dont really have any of that out here.

Thhis what I think of when someone says trail. The picture is on the West side of the Naches Pass.

IMG_0443.JPG