Need help with problem!

I have been riding my present Banshee for awhile and not had any major problems, Monday a group of the guys from work went to The Black Mountain Rec Park, my bike run good until I got about half way up a extremly rough section about a mile long and constant climb upward on the mountain. I first lost power and knew that I was about to overheat so when she finaly started to steam from the overflow I shut it down for awhile. After the cool down she run great and as it always has I just had a midrange sputter, I pulled the plugs and they were black and wet, so I put those back in and run her pretty hard for a while and reckecked them, they were back to the normal dry brown color, but cannot get rid of that midrange sputter right before the pipe. I have backed the pilot back down to a 25 and set air screws at 2 turns out still no cure. Is it possible that I may need to drop the clip on the needles to lean her up? I did install new plugs as well. I have always had to small sputter just before the pipe just not as noticable until now and it was my first big ride of the year so it is possible that it was there before.Bike idles fine has instant throttle response and runs great just everynow and again she sputters before pipe and sometimes bucks and jerks as you cruise after coming off the pipe.

I am running stock motor with Fatty's, k+n, 280 main jets, 27.5 pilot, air screw 1.5 out,clip on middle setting with stock needles, snorkel removed. Runs good ,just if you idle around for a few and get on the throttle she will go but make a hestitating sound.I also get the same feeling when coming off the pipe bike will sometimes start bucking lightly at mid throttle. I have no problems on open trails just tight areas, most Banshee are tempermentsl in the low end but I can't seem to get rid of this surging while cruising and the hesitation that somtimes arises after a brief time of idling around.

Based on your mods, your jetting should be pretty close, but it sounds like you may have a rich spot in the middle. Have you cleaned your air filter recently? Did you possibly over-oil your K&N? I over-oiled mine once and had a similar problem (not getting enough air). If you still have the stock filter, try running with it once and see if that helps.

Well today I lowered the needle by raising the clip on the needles, on stock needles they come set at the 3rd clip, it sounds crazy to me but by leaning it out in the middle fixed my problem, no more hesitation in the middle. I searched this topic and most say to put they needle clip on the 4th but my bike run worse then it did on the 3rd. As far as I know the bike has stock reeds but,I bought it from another guy and was told that the bike was stock except for pipes and filter. Anything else I need to check for?

Update!!! Today she like like crap, right cyl would mis and back fire until you opened her up, no oil out of the pipe and plug is fine. I took the carbs apart and found that on that side the carbs needle jet had grit in all of the little holes, could this have been my problem ? I will not be able to find out until tomorrow evening. I put my needles back on the middle clip while I had them apart, I hope fixes it. I have had a crank seal to go out before and she fouled the plug quick, this cyl was lean in the middle. Grit and carbs don't get along.