I need help running these radiator hoses and vent tubes

I figured it out. For the T fitting I have the clutch cover vent hose connected to the right side of the T fitting. Then I have the hose on the back of the cases going to the left side of the T fitting. Then The center one on the T fitting doesnt run to anything so I let it hang down by the swing arm. Then for the one coming off the raidiator I zip tied it to the top bar and ran it to the back behind the motor.

Im pretty shure this is correct

Thanks for all the pics

Edited by 96_banshee_96

I figured it out. For the T fitting I have the clutch cover vent hose connected to the right side of the T fitting. Then I have the hose on the back of the cases going to the left side of the T fitting. Then The center one on the T fitting doesnt run to anything so I let it hang down by the swing arm. Then for the one coming off the raidiator I zip tied it to the top bar and ran it to the back behind the motor.

Im pretty shure this is correct

Thanks for all the pics

By George, I think you've go it done correctly. :thumbsup:

I know where the hoses are supposed to go and I am not sure that I could figure it out from what you wrote there. :blink:

I agree that it's a simple task, but I recall you asking the same questions awhile back. Obviously, I did the same thing based on all the links I posted in the previous thread on this topic.

Not, to be an even bigger twat than I already am, but I also disagree about the coolant overflow bottle. :woot:

As soon as I finish my sandwich and beer I will head out to the garage and take some pictures. I may have to avoid Bansh-eman driving over to my apartment to bitch slap me on the way, so it could take longer to get pictures. :yelrotflmao:

lol... well seems ez enough... dont try to remember each line and do it step by step... theres 3 size hoes... he already knows the 2 large ones go from head to rad and from clutch cover to sace... so that leaves the meduim hose , the overflow hose and the vents...

well theres only one place the medium size hoes fits and thats on the top of the head... the over flow down the frame caus tis not needed lol like it or not you know im right mark :evil:

and thn the vents he got... so ill stand by my words lol....

i know the most confusing one is the third vent ... if you look at a floor room banshee it looks liek it runs to the radiator... when it only runs to th front of the bike and is left open... thats probly the hardest to figure out flying solo....

edit: god damnit i need to clean my keys out... some of the letters are sticking cause i have never cleaned the dirt off this fuker

Edited by Bansh-eman

well theres only one place the medium size hoes fits and thats on the top of the head... the over flow down the frame caus tis not needed lol like it or not you know im right mark :evil:

I actually didn't know the coolant hose and breather hoses were different sizes. I guess I learn something every day.

With regard to the overflow tank, my biggest problem with the whole deal is that no one can ever tell you a correct answer as to wy it's not needed, let alone how they came to that conclusion. Beyond that, I have a bit of a different theory as to how that part of the Banshee cooling system works when compared to popular belief. :geek:

i came to the quick conclusion that my bie had 0 problems without it all yer and didnt lose a drop of collant... to where its once less thing to have on my bie wether it be weight (which it doesnt weigh jack) or just pure apperance... but the fact that i no longer have a hose the touches my pipes and melts every where for a bottle that does nothing was reason enough for me to get rid of it once i saw it was fine without it

i came to the quick conclusion that my bie had 0 problems without it all yer and didnt lose a drop of collant... to where its once less thing to have on my bie wether it be weight (which it doesnt weigh jack) or just pure apperance... but the fact that i no longer have a hose the touches my pipes and melts every where for a bottle that does nothing was reason enough for me to get rid of it once i saw it was fine without it

I never said that you would have problems if you didn't run an overflow tank. Removing the overflow tank in a quest to save weight makes sense. The hose issue could be taken care of other ways just as well. I am generally not an appearance oriented guy, so I can't even comment on that, one way or the other.

What you seem to hear most on the HQ is that the Banshee cooling system is not a coolant recovering system. For all intents are purposes that is false. I have no idea who the retard was that spread that around.

The truth of the matter is that the Banshee cooling system is a coolant recovery system, but it has some characteristics that make the previous false statement believable. Many of the interesting things the Banshee cooling system does is due to the way coolant enters and leaves the engine. Since the coolant enters and leaves the engine at relatively the same altitude and the path of least resistance for the coolant tends to be across the top of the head instead of in over the combustion chamber, down into the water jackets, and then out of the engine like it should be, you wind up with the reason the Banshee is well known for running hot. (You may notice many aftermarket cylinder companies have relocated the coolant inlet and outlets on their cylinders.) To compound that problem the Banshee uses a top and bottom tank radiator that can't ever be completely full of coolant when it's at ambient temperature (hence why most of the time, the cooling system never pukes coolant or draws down the overglow tank). The water pump design is about the only stellar part of the cooling system (assuming to replace the plastic impeller), but even it can be prone to having the coolant flow stalling via the coolant not degassing.

Now all that is just my theory based on common cooling system design practices and my experience. I can prove parts of my theory, but not all of it. In the end, I really have no way of knowing what the engineers were thinking of when they came up with the system.

You may notice that nothing I have said thus far is a compelling reason to run or not to run the overflow tank. The reason I run the tank is basically that I believe the system does work by design, but in practice it has to see degassed coolant, higher pressure, and high temperatures to function properly. In summary, it is just wishful thinking on my part. :geek:

this has been covered a thousand times as we all know and ill say my line again...

trojan designed a condom to protect aganst std's and to catch your swimmers, but it doesnt always work... same thing applys here... the intention was to make a recirculating coolant system but i have yet to see it work...

:biggrin:

this has been covered a thousand times as we all know and ill say my line again...

trojan designed a condom to protect aganst std's and to catch your swimmers, but it doesnt always work... same thing applys here... the intention was to make a recirculating coolant system but i have yet to see it work...

:biggrin:

I agree. :cool:

I noticed banshee man said that the vent hose coming from the cases should be ran upwards to the front of the bike. Does it matter if I have mine hanging down by my swing arm or is it suppose to be elivated up to the front?

You may need to experiment with that. I ran mine up to the frame and back down again. The reason I did this was that when I was climbing hill the oil would go to the back of the case and start coming out the breather when I had the hose routed like Bansh-eman suggested. I also had a similair issue with oil spilling out of the breather when the bike was riding in the back of my truck. The gear oil that had been deposited in the bed of my truck did not make for a nice night in my truck tent. Now the reason I didn't tell you just to do it my way is that many people run their hose like Banshe-man suggests and never have a problem. Either I am just the lucky one that got to have the problem, or there is some other oddity on my red bike that caused the problem (there are several oddities on my bike). :geek: