voltage regulator + wiring harness

Do you need your voltage regulator to run or is it just for the lights?

And whats the bare minimum wiring you need to run?

I seen a wiring diagram and it looks like you ground the black wire from the stator, plug the connector from the stator to the cdi

Then ground the main switch wire forget the color, ground the kill switch wire or do you leave it ungrounded? and run the orange wire to your coil and ground the other side of the coil

this right?

Somebody let me know

Thanks

do a search , the topic was coverd no more then a week ago for the regulator... some good info was in the post

for your harness... im assuming you arnt running lights?

if not you pretty much got it in your post...

Edited by Bansh-eman

your key if you have one will turn it off.. or splice in a tether... also you wouldnt need to pull the plugs... put in in gear and dump it, that will kill it too...

if your not racing where your required a therth you can get a cr 250 killswitch use that... push style rather then a switch...

of not same principles when wiring it in....

like said before do some searching... all of these topics have ben covered several time and many of them have diagrams and very good explanitions on how to do what your trying for...

As you striping it down you can keep a good lenght of wire with the connectors and reused them while rebuilding the arness. Weld them on the arness. Yes it will mess up the color code but when you have striped one up you know what wire do what but the good thing is that you will have a arness that you can remove and leave all the component in place. My .02 cents

so do that but personally i dont see the point ... you can buy a harness off ebay for a fe bucks... why bother getting more wires going though a diagram and solder them back on... sees like it would cost just as much to buy one and alot less work.. just me though

I think you didnt understand or maybe its my bad english :biggrin: What i try to explain is, you strip the whole thing down, keep all the wires that you need and when you are at the point of cutting them down to the length you want you use one of the connector that you removed and weld it at the end of those wires. Then heatshrink it and tape it all up and thats done.

I think we have 4 bikes or so that all the electronics are relocated to up in front under the radiator area. We did it mostly because a few of them have subframes, and it looks a little cleaner without all the wiring in the back.

i try to post pictures but doesnt work. I dont really worry about rocks because I made my own rad grill and I put a piece of grill behind the two big hole at the bottom of the rad. I ve my electrical cover. I will try later to post pic.