banshee porting

It sounds like you are referencing adding "boost", "boyeson" etc. ports. They are drilled from the intake track into the aux transfers to increase flow. While I agree, the ports I have seen appear that they could be drilled at home, the question that come to mind is whether or not he welded the cylinder on the outside after adding the ports? Most builders will weld on the outside of the cylinder to help recover some of the strength lost by drilling the added ports.

It sounds like you are referencing adding "boost", "boyeson" etc. ports. They are drilled from the intake track into the aux transfers to increase flow. While I agree, the ports I have seen appear that they could be drilled at home, the question that come to mind is whether or not he welded the cylinder on the outside after adding the ports? Most builders will weld on the outside of the cylinder to help recover some of the strength lost by drilling the added ports.

yes,these are the ports i am refffering to.are these ports included with a port job,or will most shops charge extra for this,and......is it worth it

yes,these are the ports i am refffering to.are these ports included with a port job,or will most shops charge extra for this,and......is it worth it

I wouldn't say they are included in your standard port job, so yes they would be an additional charge at most any shop that I can think of. As far as if it is worth it, it definitely is not if you don't weld the outside of the cylinder to add back some of the "meat" that would be removed by drilling the ports so that the external thickness of the cylinder remains the same. As far as dyno results I don't believe I have seen a comparison of the same exact cylinders before and after "boost" "boyeson" or whatever you want to call them, ports are added. But I'm betting somebody out there has. My uneducated guess would be 1-4 HP.